Just got my phone last night after lenghty talk with my local ups customer serv. They screwed up big time. They lied about the delivery attemp. Was home all day waiting for the phone. Never will i use ups again!

Anyway the phone came unbranded thank god. Its from singapore based from the version number. Updated to pr 1.1 no problem.

One thing though the led light on the phone is not working when its plugged in while charging. No red light i mean. Is this normal? Have not tested the call quality since my carrier is sending me a new sim. Using wifi as i type this msg.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Maryland, USA
Just ordered my 16GB black N9 from Newegg with the coupon deal they had on. I'll have to let you all know how the process goes. I ended up going this route not only for the cheapest cost outright ($599), but also because Newegg offered a 1 year warranty for ~$50, which is worth it to me considering there may be a need to ask for a new phone due to user prefs in the quality of the pentile AMOLED screens. Here's to hoping everything goes smoothly, and no games need to be played...I'm excited to dive into the community further once I have my phone!

If there is community plan purchase Nokia N950...

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by levintruenoae86 View Post
Just ordered my 16GB black N9 from Newegg with the coupon deal they had on. I'll have to let you all know how the process goes. I ended up going this route not only for the cheapest cost outright ($599), but also because Newegg offered a 1 year warranty for ~$50, which is worth it to me considering there may be a need to ask for a new phone due to user prefs in the quality of the pentile AMOLED screens. Here's to hoping everything goes smoothly, and no games need to be played...I'm excited to dive into the community further once I have my phone!
Please post where it was made when it comes in !? Thanks...

Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Will do! I'm hoping Finland for piece of mind, but I've heard it doesn't really make a difference...I just have my fingers crossed that the AMOLED display has as little mura as possible.

Signed up right now to let you guys know Negri's offering the 16gb for $570, 64gb for $680.

Been researching several sites, some of them post the N9 is quadband and 3G won't work in North America. Contacted those sites to find out why and no one ever emailed me back.

Anyway, checked out Negri today, saw the good price, verified it was pentaband and ordered. I found a coupon for $35 off on retailmenot, so I ended up paying $534 for the phone + $43 shipping and whatever Canada customs decides to charge me.

Called and spoke to David who was really great, made sure it was an unbranded version. He said I should get it by early next week.

Cheapest I found online and with the coupon, even better. So excited!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwickedez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dwickedez View Post
Signed up right now to let you guys know Negri's offering the 16gb for $570, 64gb for $680.

Been researching several sites, some of them post the N9 is quadband and 3G won't work in North America. Contacted those sites to find out why and no one ever emailed me back.

Anyway, checked out Negri today, saw the good price, verified it was pentaband and ordered. I found a coupon for $35 off on retailmenot, so I ended up paying $534 for the phone + $43 shipping and whatever Canada customs decides to charge me.

Called and spoke to David who was really great, made sure it was an unbranded version. He said I should get it by early next week.

Cheapest I found online and with the coupon, even better. So excited!
nice price, do come back and let us know how much tax from canada custom, enjoy! I'm looking for 64gb and our tax is high

The Following User Says Thank You to lcwm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Just received my N9 today...Newegg was exceptionally quick, and had the phone to me in just one shipment day (I'm in Maryland, and the phone was shipped from New Jersey). It's beautiful! The phone they sent me is the Colombian market version (based on the included Colombian guidebooks in addition to English), and is Made In China. I see no reason to suspect that the Finnish version of the phone would be better built, as this is very solid...however, I can now see what everyone is saying about the USB compartment lid...it's very thin, so to those buying one, treat it delicately!

The Following User Says Thank You to levintruenoae86 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lcwm View Post
nice price, do come back and let us know how much tax from canada custom, enjoy! I'm looking for 64gb and our tax is high
Ahhhhh!

I placed my order at 6pm EST on Weds and got my phone 12:30pm EST.

Negri undervalued it enough that I only had to pay HST (13% tax), so I was charged an extra $37. I had spoken to them about that, as I got dinged before with another phone from somewhere else. Had to pay an extra $130 on top of what I paid for that phone.

Anyway, total love at first sight. Going to go play with it now.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwickedez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by levintruenoae86 View Post
Just received my N9 today...Newegg was exceptionally quick, and had the phone to me in just one shipment day (I'm in Maryland, and the phone was shipped from New Jersey). It's beautiful! The phone they sent me is the Colombian market version (based on the included Colombian guidebooks in addition to English), and is Made In China. I see no reason to suspect that the Finnish version of the phone would be better built, as this is very solid...however, I can now see what everyone is saying about the USB compartment lid...it's very thin, so to those buying one, treat it delicately!
I honestly thought the same about my E71's usb lid. VERY thin & flimsy. But 3 years later, it's still on there....

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop