Active Topics

I know that this message will most likely not get answered, but here goes nothing.

I am a bit of a "newb" per se when it comes to gps and bluetooth, since I've never owned any such items before. I recently charged my Holux M-1000 (purchased on eBay since many people said it at least worked) and I just installed Maemo Mapper on the Nokia 770. I select scan for devices while the Holux is on, (the molecule is red, and the bluetooth light flashes once per second) and the Nokia continues to search for anything infinitely. Now, this is all done within my house, so I don't know if this would have any baring over, well, anything. It can't even see it, I find this very odd.

If anyone feels like shedding ANY light on this subject at all, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same GPS receiver and did the same thing. What you need to do is install maemo mapper and when you run that program with the gps receiver turned on it should connect.

What mainline OS and firmware revision are you running on your 770? OS 2006 or are you running 2007 Hacker Edition? If you are running 2006, I think you might need to install the 3rd party Maemo Bluetooth plugin from http://770.fs-security.com/maemo-bt-plugin/ and use it to pair the GPS to your 770 and then you also need to go into Maemo Mapper and give it your bluetooth gps address. Make sure to get the correct version of Maemo Mapper for your OS here:

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maemo-mapper/

I use the M-1000 with my N800 and Maemo Mapper and just love it.

I've also found no problems with using a GPSlim240 BT receiver on my N800 and Maemo Mapper as well. I think a few other folks in here have the same setup.
Best bet is to upgrade the N770 to OS 2007 HE though.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Virginia Beach
I have a N770, which I assume is running the latest edition of IT2006 as I can read and format a 2GB RS-MMC. Also, I did not install the bluetooth dongle app. Unless Maemo Mapper did as it was installing.

Any ways, I made the same mistake by trying to connect to my Holux M-1000 via the "Connection" menu. Then I read and realized that I had to start Maemo Mapper and connect that way to the M-1000. The default access code is 0000. After that I have had no problems.

Also, you will need some map repositories. A quik search within the forums will find a thread or two.

eb