Notices

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
After hearing that Cooliris (Formally known as PicLens) has an Apple iPhone version available, I was wondering if it's possible to install and use this cool program on the Nokia N810 Internet Tablet?

If not, are their any close alternatives?

Thanks for any help

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
No.
No.
No 3D.

Why does the Apple iPhone have it available? It was my understanding that the N810 is more powerful than the iPhone.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Its about the same, but no 3D and the big screen and external video controller leads to not very fluid graphics.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
The add-on is cool, but I used it for a while (about a year ago) and found it very unusable as far as actual web browsing was concerned.

Tim

I use cooliris for image searching, mainly on Google. I find it's much easier to find a picture you are looking for than via the normal method.

I am dissapointed to hear I cannot use cooliris on my N810.

Originally Posted by gohan2091 View Post
Why does the Apple iPhone have it available? It was my understanding that the N810 is more powerful than the iPhone.
The Iphone SDK allows usage of the graphics chip inside of the Iphone while the N8x0 series has one wasting away because no driver has been released for it.

This is why there is no smoothness in 2d operations and why any sort of 3D would never work

Originally Posted by notnarb View Post
The Iphone SDK allows usage of the graphics chip inside of the Iphone while the N8x0 series has one wasting away because no driver has been released for it.

This is why there is no smoothness in 2d operations and why any sort of 3D would never work
Why did Nokia create this graphics chip only to let it go to waste? Doesn't make sense to me... Do you think a driver for this chip will ever be released?

Originally Posted by gohan2091 View Post
Why did Nokia create this graphics chip only to let it go to waste? Doesn't make sense to me... Do you think a driver for this chip will ever be released?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Drivers_justification

The Following User Says Thank You to notnarb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by notnarb View Post

never say never.

Tags
cooliris, iphone, n810, piclens, tablet