Notices

[QUOTE=fpp;202870]Here are some detail corrections on El Amir's 0.2.
Guess that makes it 0.3 :-)

msgid ""
"Allow zero backlight\n"
"(N800 users beware!)"
msgstr "Permettre la désactivation du rétro-éclairage\n "
"(Utilisateurs de N800 : méfiance !)

( méfiance ) seems too strong technically
(Utilisateurs de N800 Attention ! ) perhaps

its my suggestion if it sounds ok

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Originally Posted by rm_you View Post
Yeah... As you saw, I am doing a really ugly workaround/hack to make it only beep once every second or so (instead of just spamming beeps) but it would be awesome if you could figure that out. I used to use a HildonControlbar, which let me set its update method such that it didn't throw value-changed events until the user stopped moving it for some period of time (ie, got the bar to where they wanted it after dragging). I've thought about looking at how that was done, but the GTK+ codebase is way over my head at the moment.

Edit: As it turns out, the volumebar does support that, it's just buried in the GtkAdjustment bits... We'll have it done soon.
GtkAdjustment mostly just mimics the signals from its source widget. Regardless, I had perfect luck with HildonHVolumebar's "private" children. It's a very clean, if not naughty, solution, but it now works exactly like the sound applet. It's so simple you might sh*t yourself. If need be I can give an explanation later, for the time being I'll let the code I included speak for me (I'm burnt). I haven't hooked the beep to the mute button yet, but here's a demo; It's working very well.

Even though nothing bad is likely to happen, please don't use the following unless you know how to fix your tablet software when things go wrong
Attached Files
File Type: deb advanced-backlight_0.11-7_armel.deb (197.3 KB, 99 views)
File Type: gz advanced-backlight_0.11-7_new.tar.gz (12.2 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by daperl; 2008-07-14 at 23:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
GtkAdjustment mostly just mimics the signals from its source widget. Regardless, I had perfect luck with HildonHVolumebar's "private" children. It's a very clean, if not naughty, solution, but it now works exactly like the sound applet. It's so simple you might sh*t yourself. If need be I can give an explanation later, for the time being I'll let the code I included speak for me (I'm burnt). I haven't hooked the beep to the mute button yet, but here's a demo; It's working very well.

Even though nothing bad is likely to happen, please don't use the following unless you know how to fix your tablet software when things go wrong
Cool! We have already implemented a different solution to the beep problem by version 0.12-8, but we will take a look at this and see if we should use it instead.

In the future, would you mind using SVN as your base? 0.11-7 is days (and many many revisions) old now, which makes patch generation very difficult.

Originally Posted by rm_you View Post
n the future, would you mind using SVN as your base? 0.11-7 is days (and many many revisions) old now, which makes patch generation very difficult.
I submitted a request.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
I submitted a request.
You can already check out SVN without any kind of special permissions, I believe.

Edit: Ah. Come visit us on IRC.

Last edited by rm_you; 2008-07-15 at 02:58.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
If you are Dutch please review my translation. The more people review it, the better. Maybe we need translation projects or threads? Its very easy to make a translation like this, and with a few people who check out if its correct, you get a valuable contribution quite quickly. So, if more applications require translations, I'd like to contribute.

Oh btw, I just changed my theme, and there is no black in any of my panels (systray). They're all white, or grey. Except the advanced backlight statusbar applet, it does contain black (everything is white or grey). This looks pretty ugly IMO, is it possible to change this? (Can post a screenshot if required.)

Last edited by allnameswereout; 2008-07-15 at 13:18. Reason: black in theme

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Oh btw, I just changed my theme, and there is no black in any of my panels (systray). They're all white, or grey. Except the advanced backlight statusbar applet, it does contain black (everything is white or grey). This looks pretty ugly IMO, is it possible to change this? (Can post a screenshot if required.)
Please do, I can't make sense of your description.

The images used by this applet have a black or dark background on the areas where the brightness rays and volume waves are. When using a theme with a light-colored statusbar background, it looks kinda funny to have dark areas there, especially when brightness or volume is turned down...

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
The images used by this applet have a black or dark background on the areas where the brightness rays and volume waves are. When using a theme with a light-colored statusbar background, it looks kinda funny to have dark areas there, especially when brightness or volume is turned down...
Eh, the dark area should be exactly the same as the Nokia applet's icons.

On the sound, it is. The Nokia applet looks kinda funny, too.

On the brightness... The Nokia applet doesn't have one, because it doesn't have rays.