Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Just to let you know Inoi R7 will be running Sailfish OS RUS, not the global Sailfish OS version
I knew it. Always something fishy.

What? You said we would never see this OS?

So there are two Russian OS? One Gov one for ordinary Russians?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Ok, i actually have a russian friend who is interested, he is asking if he can use inoi r7 in other countries.
I told him to wait for Sony device but now he wants both.
Is it same modem as Aquafish?
What are the additional features "for russians"?
Big Red button on lockscreen to order vodka would be nice feature according to him.
His name is also Andrey, but he is a chef i often work with.
Is Alien Dalvik on board for his whatsapp?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Ok, i actually have a russian friend who is interested, he is asking if he can use inoi r7 in other countries.
Big Red button on lockscreen to order vodka would be nice feature according to him.
Great to hear that Andrey is onboard. Are you doing some great fish dishy? And drink some quality vodka

I'm not a big fan of this diviation with a Russian OS, a Russian GOV os a jolla Os. But if he is Russian maybe he should support the Russian OS and not going for the international Jolla OS for Mr X?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-05-27 at 20:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Aqua fish had indian modem with specific LTE bands. Inoi will have russia specific bands of course to pass radio certification.

Additional software features for customers are not known at the moment. Also i have doubt it will have Aliendalvik preinstalled, because i'm sure it can not pass security certification with android stuff inside

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
He is quite a complicated guy but funny
I know he endorses everything russian-made unquestioned and could not resist to tell him while working together earlier this evening.

His main phone is the most heavily beaten N95 you can imagine and he also has an old S4 only for whatsapp.
He seems to seperate work/private on two devices and i guess whatsapp is for work.
As he asked me if the contacts on his n95 could be moved to Sailfish more than one time (Are you SURE??) i guess he is only still using the N95 because he never managed to move his ~400 contacts to Android

He was really fast in understanding sfos gestures on my phone.
I told him of sony also but i fear it will cost more than he usually spends on phones
If the inoi turns out not to be available or working for germany i will permanently loan him a spare jp1.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Aqua fish had indian modem with specific LTE bands. Inoi will have russia specific bands of course to pass radio certification.

Additional software features for customers are not known at the moment. Also i have doubt it will have Aliendalvik preinstalled, because i'm sure it can not pass security certification with android stuff inside
Ok, thank you! I guess he will have to keep his S4 for WA then.

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Having both devices is just splendid. That way, he'll have an automatic backup both at Palo Alto and Moscow

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ @Finland
Press in Russia is reporting about an agreement by the Russian Post, Open Mobile Platorm and company ЕСН. Not clear to me if any devices have been made or traded.

http://maemo.su/blog/2017/06/02/russ...e-sailfish-os/

An extract from a google translation:

"Within the framework of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, the Russian Post, OOO ESN and Open Mobile Platform signed a tripartite Memorandum on cooperation in the field of information technologies.

The document reinforces the intention of the Parties to develop cooperation in the field of information technologies to improve the efficiency of managing Russian Post in the operation of mobile information systems based on the Sailfish Mobile OS RUS platform, as well as to create an ecosystem for promoting and supporting software and hardware solutions based on this platform."

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Slate For This Useful Post: