Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Well, I'm back in the US. I enjoyed using my Jolla phone while in Zurich. One thing. I actually travelled to Strasbourg in the middle of the week. Those roaming charges kill you! As soon as I entered France, Swiss com automatically charged about 10fr for 10mb of data (a data travel pack). Ouch! What do folks in Europe do to avoid roaming charges? Do people use phones with 2 sim card tray? Anyways, when I got back to the US, I thought I'd turn the phone back on and, again, I was charged 10fr for the data travel pack! Doh! To make matters worse, only 2G works in the US. At least at that rate it might last a little while. Actually, maemo.org does appear on the screen rather quickly even with 2G. I won't try the XDA site. The ads alone will suck up all my data!
Last time I travelled, Vodafone, for a small fee, allowed me to use my data allowance abroad.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
The vibrator motors were delivered earlier than expected. They were in my letterbox today. After I switched the vibrator of my Jolla, vibration works again.

I didn't cut anything of the rubber coating like it is described on TJC. So you can try that just the way you like.

I send you the promised vibrator tomorrow.
Thanks Fellfrosch!
I did receive your (one) PM yesterday, but didn't have time to answer.

I'll report back after the "operation"
Cheers.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Well, I'm back in the US. I enjoyed using my Jolla phone while in Zurich. One thing. I actually travelled to Strasbourg in the middle of the week. Those roaming charges kill you! As soon as I entered France, Swiss com automatically charged about 10fr for 10mb of data (a data travel pack). Ouch! What do folks in Europe do to avoid roaming charges? Do people use phones with 2 sim card tray? Anyways, when I got back to the US, I thought I'd turn the phone back on and, again, I was charged 10fr for the data travel pack! Doh! To make matters worse, only 2G works in the US. At least at that rate it might last a little while. Actually, maemo.org does appear on the screen rather quickly even with 2G. I won't try the XDA site. The ads alone will suck up all my data!
I'm on UK network Three. They have free international roaming in most of Europe, Australia and the USA. It quite possibly works out cheaper for a US resident to buy a UK SIM and only use it in the USA.

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
I'm on UK network Three.
Same here. Their rates are astounding. I have been on Orange for 15 years but once I found out about 3, I switched in a heartbeat and never looked back. (NB: I am using pre-paid SIM cards. Always.)

One thing I noticed with both 3 and Orange, sending an SMS to a third country whilst roaming is cheaper than from home. For example, sending an SMS from the UK to Italy costs 25p. Using the same SIM card whilst roaming anywhere in Europe, the same SMS costs 7p. So roaming is not always bad

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Thanks Fellfrosch!
I did receive your (one) PM yesterday, but didn't have time to answer.

I'll report back after the "operation"
Cheers.
The vibrator is there!
I'll probably do the transplant during the weekend..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
The vibrator is there!
I'll probably do the transplant during the weekend..
Operation completed succesfully!
Thanks A LOT fellfrosch!
(and amazon for quickly delivering the T5 screwdriver I didn't have..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
I must say I'm quite happy with Saimaa. Quick shortcuts "over" events are great; and so they are media controls into lock screen. No need to keep "settings" app running all the time. I've recovered my "flow" and it's even faster.

Unlocking with double tap seems to be not very responsible, compared to 1.x. No global password for browser and no scheduled reset for data counters; but I'm looking for workarounds. These are my main complains for now.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mced For This Useful Post:
Operation completed succesfully!
Thanks A LOT fellfrosch!
(and amazon for quickly delivering the T5 screwdriver I didn't have..
I also got one of Fellfroschs spare motors last week, works awesomely. Sometimes the motor feels a bit slow (responsive-wise), but i kind of recall the original being the same.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Originally Posted by velox View Post
I also got one of Fellfroschs spare motors last week, works awesomely. Sometimes the motor feels a bit slow (responsive-wise), but i kind of recall the original being the same.
I have changed vibro motor By myself and new motor with smaller excenter works much better. More responsive but with weaker vibrations.
I like it!

First time I've send My Jolla over Warranty for fixing the vibro and after 6 month it stop working again.
So, I advice to all to change it at home.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to matimilko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
So, I advice to all to change it at home.
Agreed.
It's hardly any work to change that motor if you remember to remove your SD card before (Fellfrosch even warned me about that one).
Open it up, pull the old one, drop a new one in and you're set within a few minutes even without any expertise.

Oh yeah, thanks to reinob for mentioning the size of the screwdriver (T5 torx) as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience