Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Behold View Post
As Penguin said, the easiest way is to build the RPM outside of QtCreator. What I did personally was I first launched the SDK through QtCreator (open a Sailfish project and then click "Start Sdk" near the bottom in the sidebar; there's probably a way to launch the SDK without using QtCreator, but I don't know how personally), then I SSH'd in to the SDK (see https://sailfishos.org/develop-faq.html, "How do I login into the emulator or build engine?" > "Build Engine", "as user mersdk"). There I just ran rpmbuild -bb manually against my spec file. You need to make sure that you have the sources packaged correctly in ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES, though.
Big thank you to you and Penguin! I now managed to build a working rpm, and I also included the post-install, post-uninstall commands suggested by Penguin...

The Following User Says Thank You to Ascense For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by Ascense View Post
Big thank you to you and Penguin! I now managed to build a working rpm, and I also included the post-install, post-uninstall commands suggested by Penguin...
Too bad that I implemented Korean keyboard two weeks ago, and did not announced it yet

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1409210

The Following User Says Thank You to peremen For This Useful Post:
Nice to meet you, Behold.

I am so interested about input method and keyboard in Sailfish, since a traditional chinese input methos is still not readily available. May I have your experience about developing one input method?

Thank you very much !

@Behold

The Following User Says Thank You to arthurartoria For This Useful Post:
Hey Behold,

I can type Japanese with your IM on Android apps, but on native apps I just get latin text, anthy never seems to kick in. Any ideas? (I even rebooted the phone.)

The Following User Says Thank You to lalomartins For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lalomartins View Post
Hey Behold,

I can type Japanese with your IM on Android apps, but on native apps I just get latin text, anthy never seems to kick in. Any ideas? (I even rebooted the phone.)
Yeah, I've been getting the same. It started happening since a recent Sailfish OS update, so there's probably been some change to how layouts are handled. I haven't had much time to work on this project lately, but I'll see if I can find what the problem is here over the weekend. No promises though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Behold For This Useful Post:
All right, I've pushed a small fix and updated the jolla-anthy-jp package. It should be a bit better about switching to the correct input handler now. Note though that you might still have trouble getting it working in for example the browser, or at least I had, because Maliit reports 'predictionEnabled' as false for some input fields, which will cause the input handling code in jolla-keyboard to fallback on a more basic input handler. This affects not only the Japanese input method, though, but all other input methods as well.

Edit: The problem is mentioned here: https://together.jolla.com/question/...king-features/

Last edited by Behold; 2014-05-17 at 14:41.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Behold For This Useful Post:
I did notice today I'm not getting prediction in the browser with English, either.

The Following User Says Thank You to lalomartins For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I am using your japanese input method for some time now but the crash rate (when choosing other than the first suggestion) is pretty bad on my end so I am trying to track the bug down.

Using gdb, I found that it crashes in libanthy when swapping the suggestions around to make the one with the highest score in the first place and it seems the memory is in pretty bad shape within the suggestions' dictionary.

I'd like to trying a workaround for now (just commenting out the swap process) but I have a hard time figuring out how you managed to compile libanthy using the source available in your repository on github…

Could you help me?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to razcampagne For This Useful Post:
I am experiencing the same behavior as razcampagne, to be honest it makes it very hard to input Japanese, I can't even select my wife's name ^-^;;

The Following User Says Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post:
All right, I've updated jolla-anthy-jp to version v0.03 which *should* fix the frequent crashes. Please report any issues you're having.

I'd like to extend a thank you to razcampagne and p2501 for taking some time to look into the issue and pointing me in the right direction which enabled me to finally find a working workaround.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Behold For This Useful Post:

Tags
input method, sailfish os