Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
cache that holds 2x95MB? I doubt. And you failed to see sys time (that 5 seconds spent in decompressing rootfs contents)

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Any thoughts?
"When ‘time’ command is executed without the complete path (/usr/bin/time), then its the built-in ‘time’ command of the bash shell that is executed."
Anyway, i value my available / space more than some secs during loading.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
"When ‘time’ command is executed without the complete path (/usr/bin/time), then its the built-in ‘time’ command of the bash shell that is executed."
Anyway, i value my available / space more than some secs during loading.
Does it matter which exactly "time" is executed?

Anyway, it seems it was a mistake to move Qt to rootfs in terms of both speed and free rootfs space, will wait some comments from szopin and whoever wants to comment on that and most probably will revert Qt location back to /opt

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I know the intention of moving QT libs to rootfs was to improve performance, but once they're loaded into RAM surely it makes no difference. If there is already a QT app open, then the next should only need to load any additional libraries. For this reason I'd rather save space on rootfs.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Why is there a /usr/share/applications/hildon/kernel-cssu-uninstall.desktop which being pressed installs stock kernel producing unbootable device?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
i might ask smth stupid, if so tell me. But how can i install kp-settings without also installing kp, flasher, modules. Wouldn't cssu kernel be enough for kp-settings?

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
i might ask smth stupid, if so tell me. But how can i install kp-settings without also installing kp, flasher, modules. Wouldn't cssu kernel be enough for kp-settings?
dpkg --ignore-depends=kernel-power-settings kernel-settings.deb
I think something like that does the trick, check the name of stuff I have typed

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pablocrossa For This Useful Post:
i am not experiencing any adv after update. can u plz tel me what sort of update i should be experiencing?

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I know the intention of moving QT libs to rootfs was to improve performance, but once they're loaded into RAM surely it makes no difference. If there is already a QT app open, then the next should only need to load any additional libraries. For this reason I'd rather save space on rootfs.
Well, AFAIK it does not work like that. We can never get rid of the swap. And (again) AFAIK the first pages to evict when there is no enough RAM, are executable pages. But when that code page is needed again it is better if it is on the faster media, that way multitasking will be better/smoother. Also have in mind that executable pages NEVER go to swap, so we don't know (at least not easy) what part of the executable code is in RAM, and what part will be read next time it has to be executed. That is the rationale behind my attempt to move Qt to a faster (as I was thinking) storage.

Now it turns out this (rootfs is faster) is an urban legend. Not only that, but it consumes CPU time too, so most probably soon there will be an update which will move Qt back to /opt

Community SSU developer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
i am not experiencing any adv after update.
Exactly this.

Go and read OP again.

Community SSU developer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life