Notices

Soo. After using for few days, it's still as good as it was.

Nice small one there, guess it'll be useful for some. I'm still stuck on the small circle

Only thing that I still miss a little is the on demand keyboard light on/off switch. But Slowly getting use to it, so it doesn't matter much.
Cheers.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
well the circle is cool and really fits your cool theme

could you explain again about the keyboard light:
whats going on?
what is the turn off/on for (usage)?

my keyboard turns on when screen on (flip up screen) and fades out after the time defined in mce.ini (not modded by this mod, only brightness-filter-als)

maybe you should look in mce.ini, as i remember it is about middle/bottom, there you will find something about keyboard fadeout.
... or it's transistions.ini

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Thanks again for all your work!

Regarding keyboard-backlight:
It would be nice if it could be turned on/off per button or if we could adjust fade-out time with the widget.

It's a little odd, messing with the mce.ini...

Originally Posted by JimKnopf View Post
Thanks again for all your work!

Regarding keyboard-backlight:
It would be nice if it could be turned on/off per button or if we could adjust fade-out time with the widget.

It's a little odd, messing with the mce.ini...
will look in to it, but until then i have just looked in mce.ini, it is in the middle of the file, there is a line called 'BacklightTimeout=30' change this to 10 for keyboard backlight fadeout/shutdown after only 10 secs instead of 30 secs.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
It works exactly as you said. And that is what I don't like. As the ALS is of it noe lights up everytime you open the keyboard. That's what I'd like to prevent. I do have the keyb out most of the time with enough light around not to need the backlight.

So what I'd like is to have the backlight off by default and only switch it on when needed.

I just hope I make any sense...

Originally Posted by Tinukedaya View Post
It works exactly as you said. And that is what I don't like. As the ALS is of it noe lights up everytime you open the keyboard. That's what I'd like to prevent. I do have the keyb out most of the time with enough light around not to need the backlight.

So what I'd like is to have the backlight off by default and only switch it on when needed.

I just hope I make any sense...
Ok now i get it
Well this should be something that can be done like:
1. Turning keyboardbacklight off in mce.ini or somewhere
2. Making a command that only works when keyboard is open

If somebody here has a good idea about what the dbus signal should be then please post

UPDATE:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just made a catastrophic discovery when trying to find some way of turning the keyboard light off / on.

instead of installing this mod, you can apparently just edit mce.ini and change 'filter-brightness-als' to filter-brightness-simple' under modules=
this enables a simple brightness system, where the light sensor is not in effect and the 5 steps (SYSTEM steps) are spaced good between each other, the values are 51, 102, 153, 204, 255.
So if you really want to get rid of light sensor & get nice colors with the 153 & 204 (step 3 & 4) this is the easiest way to go.

Install steps (will also be added to post #2)
Remember to uninstall custom brightness mod!!!
Terminal:
root or gainroot
sed -ie 's/brightness-als/brightness-simple/' /etc/mce/mce.ini
or you can just edit mce.ini, the sed command just changes this as you would manually by editing the mce.ini

after this restart your N900

This has been one of those massive FACE PALM moments or in other words D'oh!

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-02-16 at 15:37.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
since this is now such an easy "mod" it should be in a wiki some where or something

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
This has been one of those massive FACE PALM moments
it's not about the destination, but the journey...

I removed the old files, tried your new method and of course it works great. Level 3 fits my preference very well.

Thanks for all of your work and persistence. Too bad Nokia didn't simply make a "ALS on/off" checkbox in the settings, it would make life more simple.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
since this is now such an easy "mod" it should be in a wiki some where or something
I'll create a Wiki page

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:

Tags
brightness, display, light sensor, screen