Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
I figured out how to have an icon other than the flag for notifications.
/usr/share/meegotouch/notifications/eventtypes/ holds config files for different event types.
Look at notifications.service.facebook.conf for example:
Code:
iconId=icon-m-service-facebook-notification #default user icon if one isn't set at runtime.
previewIconId=icon-s-status-facebook-notification #no idea, probably what shows in the status bar when the notification is published (the one that disappears in 2s).
lowPowerModeIconId=icon-m-low-power-mode-facebook-notification #the icon that shows on the N9 standby screen, not used on N950.
statusAreaIconId=icon-s-status-notifier-facebook-notification #the icon shows in the status bar when the notification's there, the default is a blue flag if this isn't set!
priority=23 #priority so that when there are lots of icons, the status bar knows what to hide.
persistent=true #self-explanatory really.
feedbackId=IDF_DEFAULT #no idea, probably haptic feedback when the notification is clicked
genericTextId=qtn_fbk_notification_new_notification #default text
genericTextCatalogue=facebook #no idea
userRemovable=true #if the notification can be cleared, software update ones cannot for example
If someone would like to help with icons, I'd appreciate it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
http://gitorious.org/colorful-apps/i...ier.cpp#line42

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Hm, what sizes do you need?

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Ok, here is a first shot for icons...
Let me know if you want something else or need other sizes...
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip Sociality_Icons.zip (55.4 KB, 66 views)

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
Clearing it simply removes the notification, I'll see if I could implement that though (as a configurable option of course)

You know, that's actually preferable as it is. I was running in to the issue, where I would have the app running on background, so the notification was up, then I would receive another notification from the App, click it, and go into the app.

(At this point i'd like to point out it would be nice if it would go from the notification straight into FB notifications, rather than just opening the app, and having to manually do it, but that's a small thing)

But upon exiting the app, I would then have two notifications saying it was running. I can't clear just one, therefore I had to clear both.

Which made me think I killed it. So I had to re-do it again, obviously this is a bit of a pain. So knowing I can clear it, but it is still running, is nice.

The option to kill it when clearing the notification is nice as well.

Either way, once again, great work!

The Following User Says Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SolarisSixth View Post
(At this point i'd like to point out it would be nice if it would go from the notification straight into FB notifications, rather than just opening the app, and having to manually do it, but that's a small thing)
That's how I made it, at least that's how it's working for me, if you click on a notification it's the same as clicking it in the notifications sheet. If it's not working it's probably a bug :/

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
That's how I made it, at least that's how it's working for me, if you click on a notification it's the same as clicking it in the notifications sheet. If it's not working it's probably a bug :/
Yeah, for me personally, it just takes me to the main menu on the app.

Also, I think clearing the notification IS killing the App, I'm not sure, but I don't seem to get any notifications after I clear the Sociality notification ( I might not have tested it thoroughly)

And also, I'd like to suggest lockscreen icons? Maybe one to note that the application is running in the background, and one to note that a notification has been received. Maybe the same icon, but changed to reflect just running/notification received.

Also, i'd like to point out real quick, it is great on battery. I can safely leave the app running, with almost zero impact on my battery life, which is excellent.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SolarisSixth View Post
Yeah, for me personally, it just takes me to the main menu on the app.

Also, I think clearing the notification IS killing the App, I'm not sure, but I don't seem to get any notifications after I clear the Sociality notification ( I might not have tested it thoroughly)

And also, I'd like to suggest lockscreen icons? Maybe one to note that the application is running in the background, and one to note that a notification has been received. Maybe the same icon, but changed to reflect just running/notification received.

Also, i'd like to point out real quick, it is great on battery. I can safely leave the app running, with almost zero impact on my battery life, which is excellent.
The background notification being cleared isn't hooked to any code, so it can't kill the app (you can check with ps x | grep sociality-mtf)

I can't add the standby icon, I have no N9 and the N950 has no standby screen.

I can't add the standby icon, I have no N9 and the N950 has no standby screen.
Couldn't you ask TGalal for the way he did it and borrow his basic code (obviously you will have to change it to your own language but you can see the method of doing it)

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Couldn't you ask TGalal for the way he did it and borrow his basic code (obviously you will have to change it to your own language but you can see the method of doing it)
It's not about the code, it's about testing it on something

Edit: also it seems to be the same way to set the flag icon, through a conf file

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: