This rotation locking trick is neat.

But comparing with n9 i really miss profilematic and phoneassist, which i'm using for always-on call recording. Actually, i cannot believe there is no way to output pulseaudio streams to a file using some cli magic - it's still linux, isn't it - i'm hoping someone comes up with script to always start recording when call gets connected. Patchmanager has the tweak for vibration alert when call gets established, i suppose the same mechanism could also start recording(?).

I'm gonna google it, too, see if i can find something.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veeall For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
After the latest big update I've had much less reboots, but earlier this week my phone went crazy and rebooted five times straight, every single time I thought it was gonna work, back to the Jolla logo we go! I have tried the paper trick...

Yesterday I was going to take a photo and again it happened. Had to remove battery as well as it wouldn't even reboot otherwise.

Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
After A LOT of thinking, I decided not to buy it after all. I am willing to give away my 100 eur discount voucher, which is still valid by the way. I will provide a person interested in this with the credentials to access the jolla store and the voucher code. If it's possible to change the name and the shipping address, then it's all yours to enjoy. PM me to arrange the handover. There is no deadline from now on for your applications.
So, anyone willing to get their jolla with 100eur rebate and "the first one" TOH?

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

Last edited by xanderx; 2014-07-13 at 16:46. Reason: Update

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by veeall View Post
i cannot believe there is no way to output pulseaudio streams to a file using some cli magic - it's still linux, isn't it - i'm hoping someone comes up with script to always start recording when call gets connected.
phone calls don't pass through pulse audio. It's all handled by android bits.

An idea I have is to find an open android recorder app and see how it handles call recording API-wise then trace this API and see where it takes us. I just did not have enough time to do it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
After A LOT of thinking, I decided not to buy it after all. I am willing to give away my 100 eur discount voucher, which is still valid by the way. I will provide a person interested in this with the credentials to access the jolla store and the voucher code. If it's possible to change the name and the shipping address, then it's all yours to enjoy. PM me to arrange the handover, the deadline for applicants is 20:00 CET on Sunday 13/07/2014.
Check With jolla and see if you can use it to buy jPhone ll. I dont think the terms and condition say IT only for this jPhone.

Why not start you own competition With the voucher as first prize?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-07-12 at 16:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Check With jolla and see if you can use it to buy jPhone ll. I dont think the terms and condition say IT only for this jPhone.

Why not start you own competition With the voucher as first prize?
Nice suggestion, Dave, the latter one. Once I held a competition with a mobile phone as the main prize and various goodies as the secondary ones. There was no inscription fee, but people were reluctant to participate.
As for the former, I don't think there will be any other jphone. And terms and conditions say it was valid until 30/06/2014, but due to the delay of sms banking confirmation, the checkout procedure aborted and the voucher code I had previously was not accepted anymore. I wrote to care.jolla.com and they provided me with a new code.

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
After not using Jolla for a long time, I reseted it and updated Kaajanlampi --> Maadajävri --> Tahkalampi. However I had strange problems related to charging and booting. If the phone was on and charging and I powered it off, charging hung up at the logo where the cable is detached. It didn't show the animation where the cable connects and you see the percentage of battery. And, sometimes if I tried to power the phone on, the red light would come on and nothing happened.

Well, I again reseted the phone and updated Kaajanlampi --> Maadajävri --> Tahkalampi. Now I don't seem to have these problems. Difference might be, have I restarted the phone between updates and have I signed in with the Jolla account already in Kaajanlampi or wait until Tahkalampi.

But wait... yes, you guessed right, there's another problem now! I've had 720p .mp4 videos on SD card since December, they are in YouTube format. Now with Gallery player I can't seek any of those videos. The slider just shows that the video is at its end, but it does show the time correctly. If you try to seek it, it jumps to the start. However, I can still seek Jolla's original Thank you and Other half videos. And LLs vPlayer can still seek all the videos. But I like how the Gallery shows the video thumbnails and in order by date.

I've never had this Gallery problem before with any .mp4 video. And I didn't even have it with Tahkalampi after the first reset & update round. Can the Gallery be fixed without another reset & update round?

Maybe a codec issue? There is an Ultimate Codec Support metapackage in openrepos.net, read the description for installing tip.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
You have also searched TJC* &/or posted there?
Search/post here's a good start, but good idea to do so there too.

*together.jolla.com

Originally Posted by hana View Post
After not using Jolla for a long time, I reseted it and updated Kaajanlampi --> Maadajävri --> Tahkalampi. However I had strange problems related to charging and booting. If the phone was on and charging and I powered it off, charging hung up at the logo where the cable is detached. It didn't show the animation where the cable connects and you see the percentage of battery. And, sometimes if I tried to power the phone on, the red light would come on and nothing happened.
I had similar problems. Switched from Jolla's own charger to some random from the drawer and no such problems anymore.

Haven't used my Jolla much either past month or two.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience