Notices

Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
If multiple programs are sharing the same map tiles, which one decides how much space to use? Which one decides which data to keep when purging data?
Sharing a Map Tile Cache Daemon with a GUI plugin for options would be a good thing.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philly
One more suggestion, is possible to make the Position Update preference persistent between sessions? So that the user doesn't have to turn it on at each start-up?

The Following User Says Thank You to zerone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
One other quick thought as this evolves...is it possible to get the estimated travel time to show with the directions.

This is quickly becoming my goto map tool, keep up the awesome work!

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
New Release - GeePS 0.0.4

Added functionality:
  • Save settings
  • Traffic and Bicycling Layers

New Shortcuts:
  • F: full screen
  • 0-9: zoom (0 is kind of funny because is the smallest zoom but it is on the right side of keyboard... on a next version will find a better meaning for it)

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Awesome update!

Some quick observation:
- Although Traffic Layer status is saved between session, the layer isn't displayed automatically on restart. I have to turn it off and then on again to display the traffic layer. Same thing happens Auto position updates as well intermittently.
- For some reason the 0-9 zoom option aren't working for me at all. Has any one else been able to test that successfully?

Originally Posted by zerone View Post
Awesome update!
- Although Traffic Layer status is saved between session, the layer isn't displayed automatically on restart. I have to turn it off and then on again to display the traffic layer.
I think I know why...will work on it.

Same thing happens Auto position updates as well intermittently.
Can't imagine what the problem is here. If anyone experience the same problem please report

- For some reason the 0-9 zoom option aren't working for me at all. Has any one else been able to test that successfully?
Works for me... did you hold the blue button?

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-10-14 at 18:48.

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Works for me... did you hold the blue button?
Aahh, that was the problem, my bad. I didn't keep holding the blue button while pressing the num keys. Works perfectly now. Thanks!

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Hong Kong
I'd suggest "F" key to toggle full and normal screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to taike_hk For This Useful Post:
New Release - 0.0.5

Changes:
  • fix problem with "traffic and bicycling layers" not "restarting" when internet connection is "slow"
  • option to show position accuracy on the map (menu)

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Hong Kong
Very nice to see quick updates...

Is it possible to have a double-pixel option like Maep? Hate my aging eyes

The Following User Says Thank You to taike_hk For This Useful Post: