Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Hi kirillkk, welcome back ! :-)

2) even then, before MOC starts up it complains:

I suppose it wouldn't even play mp3 files in this state, but I only tried with FLAC :-)

3) the Enter key still doesn't work in MOC. I just edited n900_keymap and used DELETE :-)

I had to unzoom xterm to get it running again :-)

Any idea what is needed to get plugin libmp3_decoder working ?
2) Did you install libid3tag and libmad?
You could try ldd /usr/local/lib/moc/decoder_plugins/libmp3* to find what's missing.

3) What term are you using? Enter key fix was for osso-xterm which is generating somewhat non-standard. Please, try to remove ENTER key mapping (mocp will use the default). Also you may try "go = ENTER ^j".

The Following User Says Thank You to kirillkk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Guys, why is it so hard some of you who had a device reboot while playing with pulseaudio to either :

A. post /dev/mtd2 if the crash is in the kernel.

or

B. Install syslogd and sp-rich-core and post /var/log/syslog and coredump

Hi, I've tried kirillkk's pulse-audio instructions. I got beeping sounds and a reboot after ~2 sec when I tried to play audio from the music player. I also changed the sample rate to the native (44100) of the device when creating the new sink, but the result was the same.

I've attached my /dev/mtd2, minus a lot of binary garbage. I'm not sure however if it's helpful, as there appears "power46" and "power49", while I'm running kp50 atm.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mtd2.txt (19.0 KB, 162 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oblomow For This Useful Post:
Thanks for testing guys. What about second scenario of freemangordon's request?

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
B. Install syslogd and sp-rich-core and post /var/log/syslog and coredump
I feel, that it's going to give us more useful info...

I'm quite sure, that Oblomomow know what it's about, but for us more noobish people (like me and fpp - no offense taken, I hope ), could You put exact steps to prepare device into getting useful logs for You, freemangordon? WTF is sp-rich-core?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

One small thing I can offer is that I was able to use this USB soundcard to drive a set of SPDIF speakers. It works great; 'perfect' sound quality:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HA-INFO-NG-C...item27be820192
I don't know how the DAC part of that chip is, but at least doing digital->digital works nicely. And it's plug and play for us.
OC freqs: 0:22,90 125:22,90 250:28,180 500:30,360 550:32,400 600:34,430 700:39,430 750:41,430 805:45,430 850:47,500 900:50,500 950:54,500 1000:58,500 1100:67,520 1150:71,520

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RobbieThe1st For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
3) the Enter key still doesn't work in MOC. I just edited n900_keymap and used DELETE :-)
Note please there's a flaw with enter key in xterm on maemo: for some weird historical reasons the CR key is mapped to NK-ENTER. This is why things like less etc often don't work properly.
Get CSSU which has the issue fixed :-D
Or look up http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Joerg_rw/tools for a more focused way to tackle exactly this issue.

HTH
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kirillkk View Post
2) Did you install libid3tag and libmad?
You could try ldd /usr/local/lib/moc/decoder_plugins/libmp3* to find what's missing.
No, at the time I was in a hurry to see if it worked and was content with FLAC samples :-)

I will add these tonight, hopefully that's all there is to it...

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I'm quite sure, that Oblomomow know what it's about, but for us more noobish people (like me and fpp - no offense taken, I hope ), could You put exact steps to prepare device into getting useful logs for You, freemangordon? WTF is sp-rich-core?
None taken at all, that's exactly what's needed for us :-)

Originally Posted by RobbieThe1st View Post
One small thing I can offer is that I was able to use this USB soundcard to drive a set of SPDIF speakers. It works great; 'perfect' sound quality:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HA-INFO-NG-C...item27be820192
I don't know how the DAC part of that chip is, but at least doing digital->digital works nicely.
And it's plug and play for us.
Could you please elaborate on that last sentence (in bold) ?
What software did you use to play the music ? Do you mean that no fiddling with ALSA and/or PA was needed ?...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kirillkk View Post
3) What term are you using? Enter key fix was for osso-xterm which is generating somewhat non-standard. Please, try to remove ENTER key mapping (mocp will use the default). Also you may try "go = ENTER ^j".
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Note please there's a flaw with enter key in xterm on maemo: for some weird historical reasons the CR key is mapped to NK-ENTER. This is why things like less etc often don't work properly.
Get CSSU which has the issue fixed :-D
Aha, at last something I understand :-)
Yes, I used osso-xterm, but with CSSU (stable) installed, so the bug should be fixed and I must remove the work-around from n900_keymap... will give it a go tonight :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Either use ctrl-m or get someone with CSSU to build it on device. Then enter won't work for stock users, but should be fine on CSSU (alternatively introduce the 'fix' from CSSU in SB before compilation)

Tags
h-e-n, usb audio