Active Topics

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
@Kabouik: I had exactly the same situation. I pledged for the 120€ option, to get the custom colored kbd. Now my girlfriend decided to order a Jolla and wanted the TOHKBD, too.
I asked Dirk with the "Ask a question"-function on kickstarter and he told me, I should just double my pledge to receive two TOHKBDs.
So, I changed my pledge from 120€ + 11€ shipping to 2x120€ + 11€ shipping.

I don't know, how they will split this up, so that we can configure two TOHKBDs after the kickstarter campaign, but I think, there will be a way to do this

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ejjoman View Post
@Kabouik: I had exactly the same situation. I pledged for the 120€ option, to get the custom colored kbd. Now my girlfriend decided to order a Jolla and wanted the TOHKBD, too.
I asked Dirk with the "Ask a question"-function on kickstarter and he told me, I should just double my pledge to receive two TOHKBDs.
So, I changed my pledge from 120€ + 11€ shipping to 2x120€ + 11€ shipping.

I don't know, how they will split this up, so that we can configure two TOHKBDs after the kickstarter campaign, but I think, there will be a way to do this
I just did as Dirk said and pledged 2x120€ + 1x shipping for two coloured KBDs (now signature too)...

The way I see it that if you were an early bird at the beginning, then your early bird 'advantage' will be available in case of addons(=extra TOHKBDs) too, whenever you choose to use it, if you choose to use it. For example if I would've pledged 100€ for the "SUPERMEGA-earlybird" reward of 1 standard TOHKBD, in that case I could have just doubled that now (2x100€ + 1x shipping) and get two coloured TOHKBDs!

I may of course be wrong though.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
I just did as Dirk said and pledged 2x120€ + 1x shipping for two coloured KBDs (now signature too)...

The way I see it that if you were an early bird at the beginning, then your early bird 'advantage' will be available in case of addons(=extra TOHKBDs) too, whenever you choose to use it, if you choose to use it. For example if I would've pledged 100€ for the "SUPERMEGA-earlybird" reward of 1 standard TOHKBD, in that case I could have just doubled that now (2x100€ + 1x shipping) and get two coloured TOHKBDs!

I may of course be wrong though.
Yes, probably! Too bad that the Hero only pledged recently then, because I was there when €100 options were still available, and with the hero I would have had 2 coloured tohkbd2 for 200€ instead of 240. :>

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Lots of shapeways parts

Jolla+casing 11.5mm as promised

Jolla+casing+keyboard 16.2mm as promised

Alignment pins

White + white contact pads

Pogo's

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Rough handling video, pogo's not even supported by the casing:

http://youtu.be/REtdtcSk-Zo

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
dirkvl: what are this wholes in each contact of contact pads? Is it a connection between pcb layers?
Can one of the pads be rotated 180 degrees?
http://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8g...Wnc&authuser=0

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Yes, I know, but I am talking of adding symbols by myself to convert the qwerty layout in qwerty spanish. I just want to know if they are painted over the plastic or the plastic have grooves (small perforations in the plastic to draw the letter) and the paint inside them.
Keycap is made with traslucent plastic and covered in two layers of paint. First layer is "white+blue" base and secon is all black. Then some parts of that black layer can be evaporated with the laser to engrave blue and white symbols. So in a way you will have groove, yes.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Thanks Wazd

Are there more videos and/or pics than the ones on the Kickstarter page? It would be cool to see some more shots of the keyboard in action.

The Following User Says Thank You to sillycrimes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Dirk has posted lots of pics of his work in progress in this very thread, just read his posts from the last few weeks.

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd