Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Before I comment on that bug report, I'll try to to gather some more information. What I did now is to switch off anything that fills the feed screen... I'll add feeds and notification back one by one and try to find out if I can identify one that reliably makes this happen.<SNIP>
Gathered enough info. to add to that report yet? TY!

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I guess I missed that opportunity.

Anyway, it's probably something new and not really related to either the bug report in question or the issues discussed here.

What I'm seeing is:

a) In the RSS application itself, all feeds update normally. Always. When the download arrow icon on the upper right of the status bar shows a pending downoad, there is no more pending download in the RSS application itself.

b) When I see the download icon there forever and click on the details so I can see which download exactly is affected, I see a grey RSS-symbol and a German text (UI is German) suggesting it's "download number 18" or number 17 or such. For me, this translates to "Feed #18 of the feeds I subscribed to". - I only subscribed to 9 feeds, there is no such thing as a feed #18.

c) I do not have the auot-update option set for the feed screen, but still the RSS items update properly because auto-update is set for RSS. (?)

d) The weather icon in this screen never shows the weather information, it's always grey. Only when I tap on it, it launches the full weather application and *then* also shows the data in the feed screen. (for a while, that is.)

I hate it. Realy.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
i guess i missed that opportunity.

i hate it. Realy.

10char

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
FYI for those not following bugzilla, the problem on mine was allowing it to store too many items (500 max x 20 feeds = 8000+ items on mine)
I changed it back to 50 max and restarted and refreshed the feeds a few times and it's down to around 1300 items and completing the sync in 2-3 minutes rather than just going forever.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Two-three weeks ago I unsubscribed of all feeds due to this issue. Even putting auto-update to manual was not solving it for me. Today I decided to add one feed(it is usually empty or contains 1-2 items), configured to auto update on 3 hours. After a while I noticed the Transfers arrow in status bar. When opened status menu to my surprise there was indication of 5 feeds updating! I left it like and it was stuck for a good hour. Then I manually cancelled the transfer. So may be this bug is more complex or there are several separate issues with identical result - feeds stuck in updating status infinitely.

Hi
I am getting the problem where the feed does not update at all even on manual update. It does not get 'stuck' on the transfer it simply says there is no new news even though there is.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
my feeds is doubling lol, its strange
its look like this

Originally Posted by warrentaye View Post
Have you installed anything else with feed integration of any form?

I have definitely reproduced the issue using cutetube and have not had it since I uninstalled.

It could be total coincidence so just wondering if uninstalling worked for anyone else lol
after updating chaos control (update include ability to show as feed) and update quasarmx, i get this problem. maybe coincidence?
becauseafter uninstalling them, the problem still there. i have not uninstall cutetube

@benny
i have same problem with accuweater feed. is there any setting for the weater feed?

Last edited by loky; 2012-06-01 at 13:46. Reason: adding

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Yeah this problem is a Bi@#c, it goes and returns as it pleases. Like that SMS malfunction issue!

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-08-12 at 17:14.

Hi,

This is happening to me. After I reindexed tracker. Not sure if it is related. I'm assuming the extra feeds that are being downloaded are from before reindexing? Not sure.

Funnily enough, while the download is pending, no data is being transferred. The 3.5G sign is not blue. But battery is being drained.

The only solution for now is not to have any RSS Feeds. Refreshing from within the RSS Feeds doesn't have this problem forever pending problem.

Hope somebody has a solution please.

~wonger

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Two-three weeks ago I unsubscribed of all feeds due to this issue. Even putting auto-update to manual was not solving it for me. Today I decided to add one feed(it is usually empty or contains 1-2 items), configured to auto update on 3 hours. After a while I noticed the Transfers arrow in status bar. When opened status menu to my surprise there was indication of 5 feeds updating! I left it like and it was stuck for a good hour. Then I manually cancelled the transfer. So may be this bug is more complex or there are several separate issues with identical result - feeds stuck in updating status infinitely.