if so how has it held up ? currently i dont have one and i was wondering if one was really needed i tend to baby all my electronics so i figure it should be ok

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
I've had a N800 for almost a year, without a screen protector and it is fine.

Rich

Yes, that would be me (and some others). Had it for a few months; I now have one scratch on it. No visible stylus wear, that one's from accidental abuse. (Carelessly shoving it in my pocket with my keys, while thinking of something else, then walked around awhile.) I normally carry it in either pants or jacket pocket, inside the sock that comes with. The sock stays in the pocket with its grippy suede, and the N800 slips out freely.

There are some who disagree with me of course, and think you need a screen protector on the N800, and even the odd troll who claims Nokia should have included one. It's only $200, and at the rate they keep cranking out successors, I figure I'll be replacing it within 2 years. I'm confident I won't see serious wear in that time, but YMMV. And, of course, if I'd had a protector on when I was careless, I'd just have to replace the protector, so maybe it would be good for careless idiots like me...

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
I've had mine for 3 months and still have the original film it shipped with. I bought one of the protectors when the price dropped to $6 but I have yet to install it. I know I will eventually, but as the original is holding up, I haven't bothered.

The screen is fine. The film has spots where the keyboard has been used for a lot of stylus typing, but nothing that detracts from viewing.

Mine is fine after 13 months and more. No screen protector. I bought one at one time, but it was impossible to apply it without getting hundreds of bubbles - it was one of those washable, stiff ones. Too stiff, as it turned out.

I keep the screen clean by careful washing. What scratches the screen isn't the stylus (unless it's damaged), it's dirt and dust and other particles on the screen, which the stylus may drag along the screen (and scratch it).

mine is about 3 months old and never had one and never will....

i hate them

bhang

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mississauga, ON Canada
In the days before I got a screen protector at times it felt like I was dragging a rusty nail along the screen - no matter how clean it was. A good screen protector stops that. The best investment you can make IMHO.

i use a screen protector but no case. cases are bulky and get in the way.

The Following User Says Thank You to debudebu For This Useful Post:
I had one until today when i saw it have a massive scratch on it so i had to remove it.

i can only think the cat jumped on it claws splayed.

ill be getting another asap!!!!!

Just get one, considering the cost of the n800 averages $200, a screen protector from invisible shield costs only $7 with free shipping. Plus, it's added security.