Active Topics

Im looking to put a 16gb memory card in my n800 but not sure which one.

Ive read it needs to be sdhc but not sure on wich one to choose.

can anyone recommend me a good 16gb memory card that will definitely work with my n800?

I was looking at this one-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820178196

what do you think?

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Austin, TX
Any card will work. Period. There is no such thing as a 16GB SD card that isn't SDHC.

The Following User Says Thank You to jellotherat For This Useful Post:
i use 2 a-data 16gb sdhc cards in my n800, no problems so far

I had an 8-gig A-data sdhc card that would run the battery down overnight when idle. Lately it got to the point where it wouldn't read anything reliably. Also, from the beginning it was very slow writing, unless I transferred an entire image file at once. Just recently I replaced it with a 16-gig Kingston card, and it doesn't slow down on a bunch of small file transfers -- the A-data card would take several hours to copy a bunch of 1 - 3 meg mp3 files, whereas the kingston card took only a few minutes. The A-data card would do OK when I created an 8-gig image file and transferred that all at once, however. However, A-data may have fixed the issue since i got my card (about 8 months ago). The A-data card is a class 6, whereas the Kingston is only a class 4, but the Kingston is quiet a bit faster on small file transfers.

I prefer SanDisk. But they're expensive, unless you can wait for a good deal.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
I purchased a 16gb trancend card from newegg w/sdhc reader late last year and its been perfect. Only thing I recommend is make sure you have a sdhc rated usb reader so you can transfer stuff from your pc fast.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
I have a SFINC SDHC 4GB card that doesn't work (it works in Ubuntu). So for sure there are cards that don't work.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by taylork View Post
I have a SFINC SDHC 4GB card that doesn't work (it works in Ubuntu). So for sure there are cards that don't work.
Have it been working before or WHAT does not work, r/w or clone?
Interestingly this is the ONLY one I have heard that does NOT work; if confirmed, will include in my report here, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=16067

bun