Active Topics

Something tells me that the N900 will be far and away more popular and make more money than the so-called 'consumer-friendly' N9.

Originally Posted by droll View Post
despite all the criticisms, i actually hope the N9 will help Nokia make enough money to convince them to pour more resources into Meego and a TRUE N900 successor. let's hope for the best. from this perspective, i understand why the N9 looks more like an iPhone than the N900.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
What makes this N9 different from other phones?? We wanted a Unique phone, not a every-body-can-use-it phone.
And no keyboard??? Pfff, anybody have news about the N950??

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
WOW!
It has MMS out of the box! ;p

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ironm8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
For the RAM discussion i would guess it's 512 and rest is swap or?
Five posts above yours, Peter says "It's a 1 GB of RAM".

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
fresh from engadget:

N950

doesn't sound to joyfull for me as I'm no developer. Seems to me that the N950 won't be available to the mass-market. Damn....

Regards,
Glasswalker

I am sold, I really am, but the GPU on the Omap3 SoC is totally underpowered, and a qHD screen at 960x540 would not have been to much to ask.

don't think i was a million miles away:

http://jedibeeftrix.wordpress.com/20...-tablet-phone/

the screen and dual-core might well have arrived with the n9 had it not been for the elopcalypse, but i am not unhappy considering what happened.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tkatchev View Post
I fail to see anything GNU/Linux about this phone.
Probably because 99% of people who watched the demo couldn't have cared less if Marko Ahtisaari opened a console, did a sudo gainroot and ps uxaw-d (which he could have done). Sorry, you don't need a major media/press event for that. Now, get the SDK, take a look and then say the original remark to my face

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Sorry, if I have to 'download an SDK' to start developing, then it isn't GNU/Linux.

Can I develop directly on-board the device?

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Probably because 99% of people who watched the demo couldn't have cared less if Marko Ahtisaari opened a console, did a sudo gainroot and ps uxaw-d (which he could have done). Sorry, you don't need a major media/press event for that. Now, get the SDK, take a look and then say the original remark to my face

Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
Those "leakers" are a fking joke lol.
Though they got many things right but just as i said "disruptive" and "special" and all that is written by some people who don't ever expect people to go so deep on what the words mean.

They are just words, don't take them as a some gospel from above.

Something i have learned long time ago fallowing Nokia rumors. This isn't even bad compared to the Symbian rumors for past 3 years hinting all kind of amazing stuff, but in the end the devices have been nothing like said.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Five posts above yours, Peter says "It's a 1 GB of RAM".
Yes i noticed that but so did the marketing people say about N900. While they where technically right it really had 256mb and rest was swap. Here i think we got 512mb and rest is swap.

Is there any manufacturer who got 1gb of RAM on a OMAP3630? Is it even possible?

Last edited by tissot; 2011-06-21 at 08:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hamburg
http://thehandheldblog.com/2011/06/2...ability-india/

Is this for real or is this a joke?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbo For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????