today i plugged my n9 to transfer music onto it. then ejected the devices and nothing appears on screen. the screen just went blank and dead. i tried playing around with it i felt it vibrating as i pressed the screen (as in it is responding to keys and it is in security mode). i kept pressing the power key for quite a white till it turns off. and now it won't turn back on again. the LED in the left corner just light up for few seconds and goes dead. it doesn't even vibrate when turning it on as it used to anymore. any ideas? i tried re-flashing it with success with the nokia flasher but still same results it won't vibrate nor even get to the nokia boot logo. i have flashed my n9 before with same image and it worked perfectly. hopefully somebody can enlighten me on this matter.

nitdroid installed?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
option 1: empty battery, put device on charging mode with flasher and let it charge over night.

option 2: when you re-flashed, you forgot to reflash emmc image.

option 3: re-read the flashing guide.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

baem90: i had removed nitdroid been probably 2 months now.
rainisto: to flash the emmc i will need the 1.7gb file from navifirm right or just the (PR_LEGACY)

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
depending on region, but usually yes its 1GB for pr + 1.7GB for emmc.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

rainisto: thanks. i understand completely. something i failed to mention. i had activated alarm clock on the phone when this happened. when i had plugged it on my pc on usb mode the alarm was ringing. i am having doubt this caused a hardware error or something. give a feedback if it works.

my n9 is still dead after all this time

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
jackdan,

Post the output of whatever you did to try to recover your device; its been 5 months and still not working

Why don't you reflash the phone, if it refuses because of battery need charging first, then try this, press power and hold button and connect charger cable, if the charging light on then release power button and let it bee few hours, disconnect and turn it on, if starts to boot then shots of itself, then other way round is if you had installed nitdroid then boot nitdroid and check settings/battery, if needed charge it, but not with computer USB port!
After my experience, when changing computers...the phone fails or refuses to activate charging thru USB as one excuse there is not enough power from computer USB to charge the phone, and in this case i guess when you connected your phone with computer to transfer your music files, probably you were happy you connected with computer and you thought everything is alright, and you didn't bother if it's charging or not, the battery must have discharged completely instead, it just happen to me last night similar problem for the second time, but i solved problem after few times attempt powering up the phone!

Last edited by An9; 2012-12-07 at 15:01.