Active Topics

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
if jolla 2 ever happens, then possibility to choose color of the other half when ordering

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by tangent View Post
Or just plain software.
Perhaps you missed the July announcement, but that's exactly what Jolla do now. They launched a separate company to deal with all that nasty hardware so that they could focus on the software.

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Jolla 2, december 2016 or later.
Even better, Jolla could jump in to subcontract modular phone manufacturing and do only design, software and marketing.
Or just plain software.
You control the specs as it follows Jolla's ideology of openness.
Like Google project Ara + Jolla detachable TOH.
That would be very awesome and very unlike! .
I'm kind of annoyed Jolla opted to make a tablet instead of another phone. Who knows when we'll see another jolla. I don't have much faith in fairphone; I think they'll just make an expensive mid or low range phone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vinca For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by vinca View Post
I'm kind of annoyed Jolla opted to make a tablet instead of another phone. Who knows when we'll see another jolla. I don't have much faith in fairphone; I think they'll just make an expensive mid or low range phone
But that's really just enough, at least I have no need for the very latest tech. If the device can be made as sustainable and humane way as possible it needs not be the slickest beast on the block.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
The specs for Fairphone 2 are on their site already.

https://www.fairphone.com/technical-specifications/

It's an expensive mid range phone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Well, making a tablet without cellular network connectivity is much easier and cheaper than making a phone.

Were you really expecting a cheap device from a small company like Fairphone? You can get a Samsung if you want something cheap, but it will come with all that Sammy love that we all know.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Jolla 2, december 2016 or later.
I'll continue your sentence:
" will be announced. following month money will be gathered from people, it will be released in 2020 and maybe later with even more delays, when phones themselves will be deprecated"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
you guys are forgetting fairphone is small company, and price for each component is higher,,in addiction the price in increased by complete transparency and human sustainable supply chain..i find it an added value and it would be surprising if someone who claim for opensource (with its philosophy both as availability for all and transparency) doesnt understand this

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
http://fairphone.com/costbreakdown/
that not a so high revenue for them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, jolla 2