Active Topics

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
Has anyone used their N9 for the sole purpose of a wall clock? My N9 buttons are broken and I want to re-purpose my phone to be a Wall Clock. I am thinking I get one of these 13,000 mha battery packs and mount it in a picture frame hiding the battery pack.

http://www.amazon.com/13000mAh-Exter...A294P4X9EWVXLJ

I hope that the phone last 2 months worth running the clock 24/7 with this pack. Also does anyone recommend a good clock such such project?

Thanks,
-- Jorge

The Following User Says Thank You to ikkysleepy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I bought mine back in March and used it very rarely, due to a broken speaker. I bought it well used with the battery life presumably reflecting this.

It gets so little use that most of the time it runs only on standby, albeit with GSM and Wifi on, so it receives the occasional email which I ignore since I rexceive the same on my main phone, my N900.

At this use pattern, only displaying the billboard standby screen, it lasts about a week on a single battery charge with just the stock battery. I see no reason why it should not last a month with an external battery pack and without WiFi and GSM.

Of course, if you mean anything other than the standby screen clock, the situation may be a bit different.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
Let's see how long it last using the charger and with airplane mode on and screen set to lowest and bedtime clock app dimmed. Here are some pics:

http://imgur.com/a/RvPgJ

I had to remove the class. It's tapped down using black tape. Maybe i'll adjust it more and mount it to the wall, after the battery dies out. Nothing fancy but sure beats being an expensive paperweight.

Thanks,
--Jorge

The Following User Says Thank You to ikkysleepy For This Useful Post: