Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Estel: When I ran it, LXDE from your image wasn't configured very well; the theme, panels, fonts, and background were not set correctly. That's what I meant.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Estel: When I ran it, LXDE from your image wasn't configured very well; the theme, panels, fonts, and background were not set correctly. That's what I meant.
That's the same thing that has happened to me. I thought it was due to my lack of knowledge around ED as it's the first time I have set it up, but the appearance of LXDE seems unmodified, even the panels are not autohiding or configured for finger use as you explained before.

Maybe it's a wrong image?

@impeham
Nope, in my case Shockwave Flash is also listed - 9.0 r31, provided via /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libdebianflashplayer.so

If you wait a little, we can move this discussion to new thread.

@qole, ivgalvez
Damn, I have no idea why it was looking like that. Thinking about that, it's probably missing configuration from /home/user/.config/lxpanel and similar things.

qole, do you remember which files from /home/user/(.config?) exactly are used by ED? I would upload them, as a "hotfix", for separate extraction.

As a long-term solution, I would use - as You suggested - "onfirstchroot" scripts, to unmount Maemo /home/user, and it would use own ED content. uploaded in new version of image.

Does anyone have idea, how such script should like? Or, maybe better ideas to solve that?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-02-05 at 19:44.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The Chromium plugins problem is another example of the missing home directory config files. I've got a few pots on the stove, but I'll try to make a script for you to unmount the /home/user folder in the image...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
@impeham
Nope, in my case Shockwave Flash is also listed - 9.0 r31, provided via /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libdebianflashplayer.so

If you wait a little, we can move this discussion to new thread.
Of course i will - this was my next question - seems like chromium related issues

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by eight View Post
I guess you want to copy the estel-image to mmcblk0p4?

First mount the image and the partition mmcblk0p4 to a directory:
Code:
mount -o loop /home/user/MyDocs/ed-squeeze-final.ext3 /media/ed

mkdir /mnt/debian-tmp
mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 /mnt/debian-tmp
Then your copy command should look like this:

With your command above, you copy from (empty?) mmcblk0p4 to the mounted ed-image.
----> the general principle is alwas: cp <-opt> <source> <destination>
You can also copy/backup directly from partition (mmcblkXpY) to image file and verse visa with dd.

Example:
Code:
dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p4 of=/home/user/MyDocs/part0p4.ext3
Code:
dd if=/home/user/MyDocs/part0p4.ext3 of=/dev/mmvblk0p4
Everything worked except copy command.As soon as i issued that command my device froze for sometime and gave some error messages about epiphany.After that It got switched of itself.When I edited chroot and started ED it complained of non existing image in said partition.Anyways Thank you.I will patiently wait for a new thread and dedicated partition related tutorial.

sorry for the silly question but how to run from estel img chromium or libre office from terminal with debbie?
thanks

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by guilledoc View Post
sorry for the silly question but how to run from estel img chromium or libre office from terminal with debbie?
thanks
chromium:
Code:
debbie chromium-browser
libre office writer:
Code:
debbie lowriter
spreadsheet:
Code:
debbie localc

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by udaychaitanya16 View Post
Everything worked except copy command.As soon as i issued that command my device froze for sometime and gave some error messages about epiphany.After that It got switched of itself.When I edited chroot and started ED it complained of non existing image in said partition.Anyways Thank you.I will patiently wait for a new thread and dedicated partition related tutorial.
You might want to set 'nice -n 19' before the copy command to ease the burden of the I/O-process like that
Code:
nice -n 19 cp -a /media/ed/* /mnt/debian-tmp/

Last edited by michaaa62; 2012-02-11 at 06:29. Reason: readability

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
If you are having copy / decompression problems when using the MyDocs directory, you probably need to run the following two commands before trying the copy command:
Code:
sudo nr_requests_setup
sudo swapoffon
If that doesn't work, reboot your phone and try again.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze