Active Topics

I'm having terrible problems with tracker on my N9 (PR1.3)

I started by copying 25GB of mp3, my music collection in Mass Storage Mode. and then run N9 Msic app, it just sits there says 'Updating library', I know tracker indexs the files for search etc... But I leave my phone for the whole weeked since friday, so after 72 hours it still says 'Updating library'

How long should tracker take to index large amounts of data, eg 1 hour per GB or more or less?

When I get stuck in 'Updating library' what is best solution, I don't want to have to reflash all over again

I try tracker-control --hard-reset but that wipes all tracker db.

If i delete all music and start copying again tracker can maybe catch up, but this seems like a pain, there must be a way to copy my music to N9 without haveing to copy one album at a time (very time consuming for me)

Anyone have any ideas, help?

What do others do? If i am the only one with problem what do people actually store on their 64GB N9's?

Thanks

Last edited by nbedford; 2012-07-29 at 19:05. Reason: Update thread title

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
you just have to be patient, indexing big data amounts can take up to 2-3 weeks
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Really that long? OK, I guess I will have to learn to be patient...

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
indexing 25GB in one go?! May God help your soul.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Well, 25GB are always 25 GB, but I guess for indexing what matter is more how many songs are there, than how much storage they take.

Approx 4500 individual mp3 files

After reflashing PR1.3 I'm facing the same problem. 15GB of music and the music player keeps "Updating library".

In the past (<= PR1.2) it took only a couple of minutes to update the 15GB library.

tracker-control also spits out unconsistant information about the tracker status. Doing a hard-reset of the database also didn't resolve this issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to N770-Freak For This Useful Post:
I'm so glad its not only me. Like you previously on PR1.2 I didn't notice this problem and the music player could cope with my library.

Based on information provided by rainisto, I'm waiting patiently, but I think there is an issue with PR1.3 personally :-(

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
I'm so glad its not only me. Like you previously on PR1.2 I didn't notice this problem and the music player could cope with my library.

Based on information provided by rainisto, I'm waiting patiently, but I think there is an issue with PR1.3 personally :-(
i hate to break this to you but rainisto gave a tongue in cheek comment which isn't true...hence the wink at the end....

Edit: I've around 15gb of songs and don't have the same issue...have you tried a clean reflash?

Yes, reflashed twice now

Does anyone know how the Music Player actually interactes with the tracker?

Do 3rd party players form Ovi Store use/rely on the tracker? I downloaded Sigma Player Free and that is able to see and play my music collection fine, so I am wondering whether it is actually a tracker issue or a Music Player issue?