Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by wittyheart View Post
Can you please tell me how to reinstall hildon home package?
In the Terminal as root
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall hildon-home

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
My N900 that I have on CSSU stable takes ages (10 minutes or so) to get a GPS lock. Anyone else running CSSU stable have this problem?
GPS fix has been always been equally slow for me (pre and post CSSU), as I have A-GPS off.
Have you got the same Network positioning server on both devs?
IIRC some mentioned the server can get reset when installing CSSU.
Try "supl.google.com" it's better than "supl.nokia.com" I believe.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
I have uninstalled Theme Customiser and then reinstalled hildon-home....but still my portrait walllpaper is black........please help...

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
GPS fix has been always been equally slow for me (pre and post CSSU), as I have A-GPS off.
Have you got the same Network positioning server on both devs?
IIRC some mentioned the server can get reset when installing CSSU.
Try "supl.google.com" it's better than "supl.nokia.com" I believe.
They are both using the Nokia servers and since they are on the same wifi they should then work equally well, I'll try the Google servers anyway. Thanks.

EDIT: Just tried the Google servers and it got a lock almost straight away. Weird that one is ok with Nokia's servers and the other isn't, I think a little more testing is in order, but I can live with using Google's servers instead of Nokia's for A-GPS.

Last edited by retsaw; 2012-04-08 at 09:01. Reason: Update

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
I have uninstalled Theme Customiser and then reinstalled hildon-home....but still my portrait walllpaper is black........please help...
same happened to me...

1.- gconftool-2 ... portrait_wallpaper ... true
2.- hildon-home reinstallation
3.- set the wallpaper....
4.- reboot
5.- ...and black background in portrait :-s

If I reboot the device holding it in portrait mode the wallpaper remains at startup... but when I change to landscape and then back to portrait again, the black background returns...,

I just jumped the ship from testing. Just before the last update of T and this was a good one for me. Things move slower in here but they are stable

E.

Just tried to install Bluemaemo and I have a conflict with libeina0 which is something new as in T I just went OK. I had only install on extra specific package. Any hints? I konw that this is related to the app but it is no longer maintained.

Last edited by fw190; 2012-04-08 at 12:00.

TO SUM UP:

- CSSU Stable Upgrade does not install b/c my qt4 libs are at 4.6.2 -- CSSU requires >= 4.6.99 which did not get installed with _any_ of the regular updates i made previously!
- how do i solve the conflict? ie (probably) how do i upgrade to the most recent qt packages or rather, why aren't they installed while doing the upgrade? they should be available somewhere with the new catalog(s) and APT is supposed to solve this kind of conflict automatically.
- what exactly does this upgrade other than adding a repository ("catalog") to sources.list and run apt-get update && apt-get (dist-)upgrade
- how do i accompish this upgrade on the command line? this HAM is crap and has never been usefull to me anyway.

HERE'S THE LONG STORY

ok, after reading around i decided to upgrade to CSSU.
it did not leave a good impression, that
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU
only "explains" how to browse here and click there without a single mentioning of what's going on in the background -- and i pretty soon was to find out that that's a _serious_ flaw!

i did everything as explained until point 7:
"HAM will re-open and present a system upgrade called Maemo 5 Community SSU. Once installed, your device will reboot."

HAM opens and displays several liqtm packages and on top
"Maemo 5 Community SSU Package -- Stable update #3"

hitting "Update All" sends me to "TO UPDATE YOUR DEVICE TO THIS VERSION OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM YOU MUST USE NOKIA PC SUITE ON YOUR PC. CONNECT THE DEVICE TO YOUR PC VIA A USB CABLE AND LAUNCH THE APPLICATION." which is obvious nonsense -- thankfully, the FAQ covers that and really -- there are conflicts whth several qt4 packages:

libqt4-maemo5-* (<4.6.99)

that's funny. i always did all updates, PR version is the latest available -- and there's only 4.6.2~git20100203-0maemo1 installed.
- where is the qt >= 4.6.99 supposed to come from?
- what kind of package is "Maemo 5 Community SSU Package"? i can't find it via apt-cache and thus not check anything, let alone install it via apt-get

here's my sources.list (after the botched update)

deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/apps/ ./
deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/mr0 ./
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ fremantle-1.3 free non-free
deb http://repository.maemo.org/community/ fremantle free non-free
deb http://deb.opera.com/maemo fremantle-1.2 non-free
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras-testing/ fremantle free non-free
deb http://bokomoko.de/~rd/maemo unstable/

with
apt-get upgrade
i see a bunch of packages -- but wouldn't that rather be
apt-get dist-upgrade
?

i just read this thread and see a lot of "flashing" mentioned -- that scares me: either those people have no idea what they're talking about or someone did really not get what DPKG/APT is all about.

The Following User Says Thank You to arne.anka For This Useful Post:
just for the records:
truns out i had to manually remove those libqt4-maemo5-* packages which still were at 4.6.2.
no idea how that happend, but i put it down to NOKIA's way to break everything they took from Debian ... (just like my beloved error
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
upstart: PreDepends: sysvinit-utils (>= 2.86.ds1-23) or
busybox (>= 3:1.6.1.legal-1osso8) but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
which remains apparently unfixable
)

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
The 2nd upgrade is here!

The list of changes can be found here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/...830.03.2012.29

The most interesting part probably is, that portrait wallpapers now work.
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t  bool true
Reboot, rotate your device to portrait and assing a wallpaper with the ususal menu, this wallpaper settings is stored seperately from the landscape wallpaper, so you can have dedicated portait wallpapers now .

Of course this only works if you've enabled desktop rotation, todo that and other things see http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/FeaturesStable
Hi.
I have recently up graded to 21.2011.38-1Smaemo3 and after that i have run that code for portrait wallpaper. But it is not working. After i changed the background in portrait mode, the portrait wallpapers of my 4 desktop became black and the landscape wallpaper changed. Please tell me what to do......
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
Did you restart your device? Also make sure, you don't have theme customizer.
yup, i did restart my device a number of times but still portrait wallpaper is black.
Uninstalling Theme Customizer is necessary to make portrait wallpaper work?
Originally Posted by pichulines View Post
same happened to me...

1.- gconftool-2 ... portrait_wallpaper ... true
2.- hildon-home reinstallation
3.- set the wallpaper....
4.- reboot
5.- ...and black background in portrait :-s

If I reboot the device holding it in portrait mode the wallpaper remains at startup... but when I change to landscape and then back to portrait again, the black background returns...,
Hi Friends,

I have tried and encountered the same problem. Never installed Theme Customizer, by the way.

FIX:

I opened the Terminal to type the commands below (as described in the CSSU Wiki), but set these values to "false" instead of "true" (make sure to reboot afterwards).

Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool true

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t bool true
That will return things back to the way they were (no portrait mode rotation).

And then go back to Terminal and set this command only to "true".

Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool true
...and restart/reboot.

Now this doesn't solve the issue of being able to assign a wallpaper in portrait, but at least you won't have the black background while in portrait.

For those who were able to make it work (separate wallpaper in portrait from landscape), care to share the steps?

One thing I observed: after installing CSSU and the CSSU Features Configuration, setting "Rotation" to "X/Y (default)" didn't make any changes for me...I had to manually enable it by typing the gconftool-2 command as shown in the CSSU Wiki. In the prior versions there was no need to do that manually. Do you think this has something to do with the portrait wallpaper thing?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Found this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...ount=354...and it seems like one needs to "rotate" an image/wallpaper first for preparation in portrait mode. And then afterwards, set your Background Image while the N900 is in portrait mode (?). I'll try this and will give feedback.

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2012-04-09 at 21:12. Reason: wrapped code

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
@topet2k12001
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t bool true
Enables distinct wallpapers for portrait, thus if you have no portrait wallpaper set yet you'll get a black background in portrait.

Therefore:
enable distinct portrait wallpapers --> reboot --> rotate device to portrait and set a wallpaper (instead of black background) --> be happy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post: