Posts: 31 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark
Hi guys,

Yes, i know It sounds like an invitation to a swingers party, so for all you who came for that, sorry to get your hopes up

I just saw Walsted posted a link to a danish review of the nordic editon of the N900 and the reviewer mentions that the Æ and Ø buttons has been swapped. Well for Danish people atleast, as it's perfect for the Norweigians.

So do anyone know if it's possible to take off keys and swap them?

I'm thinking about my Logitech keyboard, where I can use a flat object to take off keys and clean underneath them, if something like that is possible, without a high chance of breaking something?

Last edited by bitcrusher; 2009-11-15 at 04:55.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
I'm gonna vote that it is possible with a high chance of breaking something.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
The whole keypad is probably one big "sticker" so no, I don't really think you can switch them

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
I think that this will be one of the most common questions about the n900.

A friend of mine, who is a reviewer of a well known Italian website, has the final device already in his hands and has already confirmed that the Italian keyboard have the UP and DOWN arrows in second function too.

So, I suppose the same will happen also with the german, french, and so on, keyboards.

I think that the spare parts vendors will going to do a lot of business selling UK/US spare keyboards.

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
Wow, being pretty used to Danish layout, I must say that this keyboard really sucks.

You can always remap the keys and possibly put little stickers on them

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark
yeah well, but then again, any decent geek would know where the keys are, and not having to read the labels on them all, and as it is Linux, it should be possible to remap the keys.
@The_Solutor: you mean to say that you have to press the function key, BEFORE pressing up/down?!? Thats sounds ridiculous!
Glad we just have a minor keyswap issue to deal with then

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Actually, based on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tjs52JHGxQ

The keys seem to be held in place by magic. Good luck reattaching them if you pry one off...

I believe this keyboard is acceptable not only for Norway, but also for Sweden. I don't know about Finland, but I am guessing it might be.

Shame there's no "nordic" standard but I don't see that there will be one now. Swapping habits from ...jkløæ to jklæø seems like an impossible task.

With magic you mean glue water?

I had pre-ordered a N900 with a scandinavian keyboard in Helsinki, and asked if it was a big deal to swap the keyboard for a UK qwerty, they quoted €29,95 and 3 days to change the keys and remap the keys in software.