Originally Posted by erniadeldesktop View Post
@jasonisdavid & JonWW
after the installation, I couldn't find the application, so the only thing I did was using the app manager,and under the update menu, update sleepanalyser. now is working. Going to test it now!
Allready tried that with no luck. Just tried it again and now it works.
Smart icon!

Yeah all working now thank you. Will test it now, need sleep before my presentation tomorrow!

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
Even then, I think having eletrical power next to your body might not be very healthy, if you ever study thai chi or some other similar accient martial art, then you should know what i meant, but then such people probably would not even own a mobile phone
a) If you mean Qi, then life force is not electrical in nature. If it were, we'd have graphs by now.

b) I doubt that any ancient text mention bluetooth effects on Qi.

c) Technically, it's a belief and religion is not allowed on TMO. Community rules, as much as I'd like to elaborate on this.

Finally, it's a very good idea. There is an app called SleePy, but it does the alarm without the graph, I prefer it this way. I was ready to make my own analyzer using motion detection and a camera, but this is simpler.

Giving it a try tonight.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

I also see another app called sleeppy that does the same thing. Anyone tried both and share a comparison?

here you go... very nice app!
btw I've found few issues:
- zoomed plot is not scrollable
- maybe a button "stop logging" in the logging window will be useful. I mean for coherence reasons.. I was not sure if I should close it without losing data..

another suggestion I can give you is to "store" also the threshold value inside the log. FYI, I was using 14.
oh, I think the correct spelling is interval and not intervall [inside logfile]

ps: I don't like sharing imei... even the last 5 digits.. may I suggest to use some other solution? like phone number * last serial number digits...
Attached Files
File Type: zip SleepAnalyser_2010-Jun-30_00-46-10.zip (9.2 KB, 179 views)

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Oregon
Originally Posted by holysocks View Post
I also see another app called sleeppy that does the same thing. Anyone tried both and share a comparison?
Sleeppy has an alarm function that I really like, but seems like with SleepAnalyser you could change the trigger level and the graph is more detailed. I generally charge my phone as I sleep and I wake up to around 92-90% when I wake up with Sleeppy so we'll see what happens when I wake up tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ikari For This Useful Post:
Hi, I had it running all night but found no way to save the file in the morning. As I don't understand the workings of the linux file system, I couldn't find it - either with file manager or while connected to my PC. After rebooting the phone, the file was gone.
You should have a way to save the file to a user-defined destination.

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Nice app idea

I would like to test my sleeping patterns after a heavy night time activity with or without alcohol as well.

I always think after a beer I sleep more comfortably. Lets see what the actual data will say about my observation.

Attached my last night log for your view caco3
Attached Files
File Type: zip SleepAnalyser_2010-Jun-29_23-28-55.csv.zip (13.2 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by gsever; 2010-06-30 at 06:39.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Technically, it's a belief and religion is not allowed on TMO. Community rules, as much as I'd like to elaborate on this.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=31114

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53382

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=50100

...just putting them out there for someone to flag them for moderation/closure then :P

Oh and to keep this post semi relevant to original topic..

Program actually looks good, My phone sleeps beside me so might as well try it out...

hmm I just realised i said "sleeps beside me" ...I think I'm over attached to it

Last edited by lwa; 2010-06-30 at 06:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to lwa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Aaland Islands
Very cool app, been loking for one like this.
Glad to help out with a log, default trigger.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SleepAnalyser_2010-jun-30_01-23-25.zip (15.5 KB, 162 views)