Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
Quite simply,
There is no form of notification on the handset when there is file transfer going on between the phone and pc.

Proposed feature - perhaps we can get the notification light to flash a colour (i wouldn't mind purple ) when there is data transfer happening. This will prevent any mishaps when you think transfer is out and you yank the cable to then find the file is corrupted.

Support me with this feature guys!

N900 APP REVIEW SITE IS NOW LIVE
http://maemoappreviews.blogspot.com/

Last edited by chemist; 2010-03-22 at 14:08. Reason: status

The Following User Says Thank You to Anwarboy11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by Anwarboy11 View Post
Quite simply,
There is no form of notification on the handset when there is file transfer going on between the phone and pc.

Proposed feature - perhaps we can get the notification light to flash a colour (i wouldn't mind purple ) when there is data transfer happening. This will prevent any mishaps when you think transfer is out and you yank the cable to then find the file is corrupted.

Support me with this feature guys!
bump help me with this thread

N900 APP REVIEW SITE IS NOW LIVE
http://maemoappreviews.blogspot.com/

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
There is a notification in the menu, which appears after you press onto top of the screen - the place of time, reception or battery.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
What about creating a Brainstorm?

It shouldn't be a battery issue. It's loading during a transfer. But I like the idea of a flashing LED like a external HD during data transfer.

For the corupted file problem: unmount the Device before disconnecting

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
For the corupted file problem: unmount the Device before disconnecting
sync & unmount! I never just pull the cable or remove the pendrive especially not at a windows (screwed two pendrives with that)... linux I sync before I do, there it just messes up the /dev/ when I do that so it is sdf instead of sde if I plug it in again.