Posts: 37 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Jacksonville, FL
Hey guys,

So I've been experiencing two ennoying problems:

1- Phone searches for a GPS fix whenever it wishes to

My phone will automatically start searching for a GPS fix and then stops. I had geotagging enable but I doubt it has something to do because the problem existed even before I enabled it.

2- Prompt to select a conection keeps showing up

I have disabled the background connection on my phone but I still get the prompt to select a connection almost everytime. I figured, there could have been a process requiring a connection in the background, so I disabled, all my feeds, and mail accounts. On top of that my power-saving mode is active as well.

Does anyone has an idea of what's going on? Thank you for your help.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Very strange. Assume you have updated to PR1.2? I had that bug in PR1.1 but it seems to be gone now.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by sitoub_n82 View Post
Hey guys,

So I've been experiencing two ennoying problems:

My phone will automatically start searching for a GPS fix and then stops. I had geotagging enable but I doubt it has something to do because the problem existed even before I enabled it.

Originally Posted by sitoub_n82 View Post
2- Prompt to select a conection keeps showing up
Assuming you're on PR1.2, if you have charging notifier installed or proximus, they both use GPS to figure out your location to know where you are and if they should take specific actions.

If not have you tried rebooting?

I have disabled the background connection on my phone but I still get the prompt to select a connection almost everytime. I figured, there could have been a process requiring a connection in the background, so I disabled, all my feeds, and mail accounts. On top of that my power-saving mode is active as well.

Does anyone has an idea of what's going on? Thank you for your help.
I had this problem once when I installed an app on PR1.1 and it kept my online connection online constantly.

I can't tell you what I did to fix it, but I can tell you that a simple flash will fix it.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Yeah it's an annoying problem, this happens if U have Apps like Ebuddy, if these Apps are on and the Internet is off, when it's time to PUSH/Refresh internet is required then triggers those Prompt screens, I think Email Push, Feeds and Skype also trigger this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Very strange. Assume you have updated to PR1.2? I had that bug in PR1.1 but it seems to be gone now.
Yes I have PR1.2, and yes, I also had it with PR1.1

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
I had this problem once when I installed an app on PR1.1 and it kept my online connection online constantly.

I can't tell you what I did to fix it, but I can tell you that a simple flash will fix it.
I just flashed it a week ago and it's getting pretty frustrating to flash the N9 everytime there's an issue

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Yeah it's an annoying problem, this happens if U have Apps like Ebuddy, if these Apps are on and the Internet is off, when it's time to PUSH/Refresh internet is required then triggers those Prompt screens, I think Email Push, Feeds and Skype also trigger this.
I've turned them all off!

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Go under Push settings and see if anything is left running.

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Go under Push settings and see if anything is left running.
That is also disabled! But I finally found the problem, at least I think so. Even though I had all my feeds disabled, I still had my Reuters feeds listed on the Feeds Homescreen. And, as soons as I cleared them, I stopped getting the prompt! This must be a bug!

Any leads on how to deal with this issue?