Go for an SG2 I did 3 months ago and the N900, sadly, can't compare and has never been used since. It seems pointless going for an N9 when Nokia are not prepared to support the OS in the long term.

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Well I ended up with a sceondhand N900 in great shape. Im happy to be back on track again

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Well I ended up with a sceondhand N900 in great shape. Im happy to be back on track again
I'm proud of your decision!

I'll be the lone one out here I guess.
I replaced my N900 (still working) with an N9 and love the N9 over the N900. It simply is just that slick.
I miss a few apps (namely phone speakers switcher and pyradio) but the UI is leaps and bounds over the N900 (and the N900 was really the cream of the crop too.)

It's totally worth it to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to cincibluer6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
I'll be the lone one out here I guess.
I replaced my N900 (still working) with an N9 and love the N9 over the N900. It simply is just that slick.
I miss a few apps (namely phone speakers switcher and pyradio) but the UI is leaps and bounds over the N900 (and the N900 was really the cream of the crop too.)

It's totally worth it to me.
+1 on that puppy. I loved my N900 but after using the N9 for a week, I tried the N900 again just to see, and I just kinda sighed sadly. It is nothing like the N9 in terms of prettiness and slickness and feeling up-to-date. And I'm no power-user-geek-type, so I never used the N900 the way I "should have" so it went to a Linux expert via eBay. A much better home for it. Bit like selling a VW Beetle I used to do shopping on a weekend to a Beetle enthusiast. Made sense really. And I LOVE my N9!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Pakistan
ummmmmmmm i wish maemo 5 like os is re released and has a community such as this with hardware improved that is sumthin tht can replace my n900 =) any ways ppl n900 is my multimedia device i use a really cheap cell for as a phone :P cheap cells have the best battery timings i mean like not even a smartphone

I have bought three nokia n900's. Unless something else come sout ( which is what I am holding out for) I will probably buy another one when the usb port on this one finally goes. I honestly have found nothing to inspire me like the n900. Good luck with what ever choices you make.