Posts: 239 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Amsterdam
Hi community,

I've been struggling to find a way to add my app to the Downloads section of maemo.org for the Maemo 5 OS. Can someone tell me where I can find the information of how to do it?
I can see the midguard toolbar on top, but it doesn't allow me to add anything. When I try to use some weird functions like Import/Export products. I get the error:

Access denied: You need administrator privileges.

The menu item Create Maemo application under Page is greyed out. So I can't click that item.

Hope someone can give me some pointers.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Willem Liu

p.s. I've searched maemo.org and google.

Last edited by Willem Liu; 2010-09-23 at 11:45.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK

The Following User Says Thank You to nidO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by nidO View Post
http://wiki.maemo.org/Uploading_to_extras
After you've done all that you still have to dance naked during a full moon, sacrifce a goat, create a Steve Jobs voodoo doll and tell someone's future using chicken bones.

(and it's still easier than publishing an iPhone app)

Last edited by johnel; 2010-09-23 at 10:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Uploading_to_extras
I've read that page and have uploaded my app to the extras-develop. It's also promoted to the extras-testing now.
But how do I link to my app via the Downloads section of Maemo.org? So people can see the app in the catalogue and click on the .install link to install my app via this website?

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by Willem Liu View Post
I've read that page and have uploaded my app to the extras-develop. It's also promoted to the extras-testing now.
But how do I link to my app via the Downloads section of Maemo.org? So people can see the app in the catalogue and click on the .install link to install my app via this website?
It'll get there once it's been tested and promoted to Extras.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nidO For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
After you've done all that you still have to dance naked during a full moon, sacrifce a goat, create a Steve Jobs voodoo doll and tell someone's future using chicken bones.

(and it's still easier than publishing an iPhone app)
Yeah I know what you mean. I've been struggling with uploading my app to the repositories for too long.
But that belongs to the past now. I know how to upload it to the repositories. I just want to know how I can create a section in the Downloads catalogue of Maemo.org so people can surf to that section and click on the .install link and install the app.

It'll get there once it's been tested and promoted to Extras.
Ah ok, so all I have to do now is just wait then... Well I'm ok with that.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
You need to wait for people to vote the package to be stable enough before you can promote it to extras. You will receive an email once your package has enough positive votes.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
You need to wait for people to vote the package to be stable enough before you can promote it to extras. You will receive an email once your package has enough positive votes.
I was wondering. When is a package stable enough? How many votes does it need? And does a package need to sit in Extras-Testing a certain amount of time before it gets promoted to Extras?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I was wondering. When is a package stable enough? How many votes does it need? And does a package need to sit in Extras-Testing a certain amount of time before it gets promoted to Extras?
See http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post: