Notices

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but how would I go about executing this code?
Just save the code in file and then run it from x-terminal like this:
Code:
python /path/to/test.py
If you saved it to "Nokia N900":
Code:
python /home/user/MyDocs/test.py
You need python-dbus package to run it. I'm not sure, if you have it anymore, because you removed connlock.

You can install it like this:
Code:
apt-get install python-dbus
And remove like this:
Code:
apt-get remove python-dbus

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Thank you for such a concise explanation.

At any rate, the code executed without issue, so I have no explanation for my previous experience. I will reinstall ConnLock and attempt to reproduce the problem.

Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
Thank you for such a concise explanation.

At any rate, the code executed without issue, so I have no explanation for my previous experience. I will reinstall ConnLock and attempt to reproduce the problem.
There is probably a problem somewhere, because I got this report to my bugtracker from Sponge today:
I installed it and now the red led is lighting up every time....
But I have no idea what is causing it, because its working flawlessly on my device

Maybe it has something to do with me having cssu&kernel-power. Please let me know, if it's working properly on anyone with stock system.

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-05-18 at 15:09.

I have the ConnLock version of the nondevel repos and this works very well. I like it very much.
As I am mostly at locations with trusted networks I almost forgot about it, but today in the park I was asked the unlock code... Ah! I thought, ConnLock does it for me at home... nice!

The Following User Says Thank You to rm53 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Maybe it has something to do with me having cssu&kernel-power. Please let me know, if it's working properly on anyone with stock system.
I have kernel-power, but not the CSSU.

By the way, I did notice that I still had python-dbus installed, even without ConnLock. Could this be a contention issue with another app?

I like this app very much, and it is working reliably for 2 weeks now. Great.

One little quirk is this: when you have no auto-lock set in Maemo settings, and set e.g. "auto-locking after 10 minutes" in ConnLock, it works -
it will work, but only until you open the general Maemo settings about locking. Even if you do not change anything there, the ConnLock setting will be removed, and your N900 will no longer auto lock.
At least, opening a different setting should not change anything, better would be of course if both settings were sync'd automatically.
(Of course, I can see the problem for the app author, who cannot change the behavior of the Maemo standard settings app.)

Another solution for this problem would be IMHO to omit the auto-lock setting feature from ConnLock. A bit less comfortable, but more secure against unintentional resetting of auto-locking.

(I am using a German localized N900 so I can not provide the exact names of dialogs and fields here, sorry.)

where can i get dis app, my extra repsoiory bcatalouge is not workin. its always showin error message since i created it

Originally Posted by bross2k7 View Post
where can i get dis app, my extra repsoiory bcatalouge is not workin. its always showin error message since i created it
You can download it from here, but it has dependencies which you may not have.
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

i managed to put stuff into potrait mode but my photos wont do potrait mode, and my music player looks bad in potrait mode, shows half of the contents in just one part of the screen. not same s video descriptin. Helpp pls. i still cat find hildon desktop

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Thank you very much for this great application.

Tags
application, autolock, automatic, connection, locker