Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
who can help me build the deb from the source? as I see it is 0.061 version

https://gitorious.org/forum-qml/forum-tmo
I am trying to build a deb, although I have never done it before and don't really know what im doing, but im looking through guides on the internet :P

Will post here if I am successful, If I don't post back then assume I failed and I would still prefer an actual developer with experience to do this for us.

So far I have downloaded all the updated source files from the Git repo. Will upload them in an archive if wanted?

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
I am trying to build a deb, although I have never done it before and don't really know what im doing, but im looking through guides on the internet :P

Will post here if I am successful, If I don't post back then assume I failed and I would still prefer an actual developer with experience to do this for us.

So far I have downloaded all the updated source files from the Git repo. Will upload them in an archive if wanted?
Ive been beyond unsuccessful

Keep getting build errors, honestly my linux experience doesnt cover building debs. I can't find much helpful documentation, can one of the devs here please just build this updated version for us. I have the decompiled source files from the git if needed

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
I've compiled it and it seems to work. Just open the project with Qtcreator and compiled, nothing more. I'm attaching the file and added some screenshots.

Attached Files
File Type: deb forum-qml_0.0.1_armel.deb (216.6 KB, 214 views)

Last edited by munozferna; 2012-05-07 at 04:07.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
nice, loveee it

Originally Posted by munozferna View Post
I've compiled it and it seems to work. Just open the project with Qtcreator and compiled, nothing more. I'm attaching the file and added some screenshots.
I am getting the following error when trying to sign in to Talk Maemo through the app: “account won't save”. This happens whether I try going in through the accounts app or through the forum-qml app.

I have only downloaded the forum-qml_.0.0.1_armel.deb version of the app--none of the earlier stuff.

The account credentials I enter are correct and work on the website. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting advice???

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Can u help to compile the meego forum as well

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
Can u help to compile the meego forum as well
It works for both, just tap top bar to select TMO or Meego Forum...

Another hint: Had to uninstall previous versions of TMO AND MeeGo client to install successfully!

Many thanks btw for this :-)

Well why didn't I think of that :P I was there trying to do it all through a Linux terminal!!

My Contributions

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
I am getting the following error when trying to sign in to Talk Maemo through the app: “account won't save”. This happens whether I try going in through the accounts app or through the forum-qml app.

I have only downloaded the forum-qml_.0.0.1_armel.deb version of the app--none of the earlier stuff.

The account credentials I enter are correct and work on the website. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting advice???
Mine is not saving the password but I think it is because I'm using openmode / nitdroid. However i'm able to login and read posts, I have not tried posting anything from it.

The Following User Says Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
coolim posting this thru your app,

and its so cool,thx so much

Last edited by ibrakalifa; 2012-05-07 at 16:12.