Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
Skry, just a quick question is the java openjdk available from the ARM repositories? is it usable? Thanks!

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 754 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
munozferna: Yes, both version 6 and 7. Should be usable, never seen unusable packages.

The Following User Says Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Time is 10:41 in here and I have been up way too many hours working with this, but I think you all might find pretty interesting that I just booted kernel 3.5-rc6 with N900. Display is not working for some obscure reason, and there are some issues with power management but otherwise it appears to work fine. Anyways, I'll continue after I get some sleep. I guess we have upgrade path now

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Skry:

This is truly amazing news! Is your development repository available somewhere? I would love to see what magic you're weaving to get all this working.

Keep up the fantastic work!

It's not public at this point. I'll make a patch and post it to somewhere when done.

Last edited by Skry; 2012-11-06 at 02:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Sometimes I feel like a fool. I've been rewriting the board code and debugging with my eyes crossed for about two nights now and all of a sudden, in search of one particular omapfb error, I bump into a patch posted few weeks ago and realize those two fscking lines in the ORIGINAL board code in wrong order. So, no problems with this anymore then

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
are we there yet? :P

Slow and steady I'm now concentrated in 3.6 kernel which is working pretty fine, there are missing drives though, but I guess that goes without saying. I can set up a few packages for the impatient ones to test out within a few days or so, the even more impatient can always just grab u-boot and use kernel from mer.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Wow, that's very awesome news! I wasn't aware that Mer was using the more recent 3.x kernels... Is it this? Can't wait to try it out (though I'll probably have to a little, 'cuz I'm busy with other stuff).

there are missing drives though, but I guess that goes without saying.
'Drivers' you meant, right? So is the display working now?

Last time I checked Mer was using 2.6.37 with sh*tload of patches. Yeah, meant drivers and display works.

Anyways, sorry to keep you waiting even more but I have to revert to 3.5 kernel, there is just too much broken in 3.6 currently as there are big changes happening there, and I have not had time for packaging N900 specific stuff because of that, life and few other reasons. I'm trying to get you something usable (read charging, dsp, graphics with acceleration) as soon as possible to test out and provide package to get you properly configured.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post: