Posts: 53 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
And what about uploading the not-user/ libraries to Extras and locally in your scratchbox create the user/ ones, and put it in some place for those users.
You should do a bit more of work than normally, but I think is a better scenario.
Maintenance hassle.

I would merge the library and application package to only one package. (Like I said in post #4)

The Following User Says Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I just tried installing it from extras-devel and it's still complaining about the missing lib.

However, once I added diablo repository, it was working just fine. So, to me, it sounds like there should not be an issue in the lib being in outside of user/.

Anyway would be great to have fbreaders default options to include the 'click screen to turn page' feature and to also show the progress bar by default.

Originally Posted by konttori View Post
I just tried installing it from extras-devel and it's still complaining about the missing lib.

However, once I added diablo repository, it was working just fine. So, to me, it sounds like there should not be an issue in the lib being in outside of user/.
Can you tell what libraries were missing? FBReader does not depend on anything beside its build-dependencies, so if it built successfully, it should install successfully as well...

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Unable to install because of a package missing: libfribidi0 (>=0.10.4-5).

Originally Posted by MishaS View Post
Application Manager prevents to install any package that is not in section user/*. In case the installation happens from a repository, then AppMgr will pull and install all necessary dependencies regardless their section.
I may be missing something, but can't this library be simply included into the FBReader .deb package? This way, there will not be a need to have that second .deb package with the library.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Unable to install because of a package missing: libfribidi0 (>=0.10.4-5).
libfribidi0 is in sdk repo. There isn't really much point fixing these errors until there is a list of packages which are preinstalled to devices.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
libfribidi0 is in sdk repo. There isn't really much point fixing these errors until there is a list of packages which are preinstalled to devices.
Alright, I didn't know that. Forwarded to the SDK team, let's see where is the problem.

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
I would merge the library and application package to only one package. (Like I said in post #4)
Duly noted. There is one more application that is using zlibrary and that was the whole reason to make a separate package... We'll discuss the plans for Fremantle and see how we approach it.

On the other hand, I'll need to check all packages needed for FBReader and if any of those would have to be downloaded separately to make offline installation happen, there will be little point to merge the packages...

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Alright, I didn't know that. Forwarded to the SDK team, let's see where is the problem.
I noticed that pretty much all packages from Diablo extras were re-compiled for Fremantle... It is possible that some accidently ended up in the SDK repository instead of extras one...

Tags
extras-devel, fbreader, fremantle