Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Surely it's only water damage if you ... damaged it with water? You don't mention going swimming with it in your posts. If everything else about it still works, I'm surprised only the hardware buttons are failing?

Anyway, regardless of that sticker, get Nokia to look at it first. I guess that sticker is there for when the whole phone fails to work and a tech can quickly guess what's to blame. If only one thing doesn't work then hopefully that's a different story.

If they won't/can't fix it then someone with good torx screwdrivers will at least be able to clean and re-seat the hardware button ribbon connector quite easily.
that sticker is there to identify only and only the liquid or moisture exposed to device very quickly at a glance. I've had phones before that were exposed to liquids but not close to the sticker and they were fine at looking but eventually failed to work or didn't work. Trust me on this when i say that the sticker turned from white to pink is an indicator of water/liquid/moisture exposure to the phone (3 years making a living with mobile phones)

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
If it has not been immersed in water, then how likely are these stickers to turn colour with Moisture?

Could it be that walking in the rain with the phone in your pocket affect this sticker or may condensation from prolonged exposure to a hot kitchen can change the colouring?

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
you see that pink spot next to sim slot yeah that should've been white, so it has been water damaged . So basically it means you do not have any warranty. Just go ahead and get you another case take it apart and dip it in rice bowl. There might be a chemical that cures the logic board from water damage shop around I've heard of it. If you get it dip it on that for a week and try new casing.
I suggest the same thing, rice is best way to drain moisture from phone. Dip it in rice for 1-2 days. I Hope it will work

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Dipped it in a bowl of raw rice for a day. Now volume keys are working, but power key is not. I'm managing with Lockscreen Button and Shutdown Button from ovi store and the phone can be booted by plugging in charger.

I'll still try to knock at a Nokia Care and HOPEFULLY since the rest of the device is working, the pink sticker might not be an issue.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
If it has not been immersed in water, then how likely are these stickers to turn colour with Moisture?

Could it be that walking in the rain with the phone in your pocket affect this sticker or may condensation from prolonged exposure to a hot kitchen can change the colouring?
depends on the amount of rain thats gets in the pocket to effect the phone or if it lets the rain run inside the phone. Don't know about kitchen steam but for sure is foggy bathroom will cause this.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Dipped it in a bowl of raw rice for a day. Now volume keys are working, but power key is not. I'm managing with Lockscreen Button and Shutdown Button from ovi store and the phone can be booted by plugging in charger.

I'll still try to knock at a Nokia Care and HOPEFULLY since the rest of the device is working, the pink sticker might not be an issue.
Sorry to hear about this mate, I hope you've been able to resolve it all, it'd be a shame to see another leave the maemo/meego community.
We're quickly becoming an endangered species, especially in light of the recent "restructuring" by Elop...

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Sorry to hear about this mate, I hope you've been able to resolve it all, it'd be a shame to see another leave the maemo/meego community.
We're quickly becoming an endangered species, especially in light of the recent "restructuring" by Elop...
I Haven't been able to resolve it completely, but is able to manage. Still waiting for Nokia 's Reilly to my warranty query. The thought of leaving this community is very saddening, but rest assured that it won't happen anyone soon There just simply isn't an equivalent device in the market today.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post: