Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Bulgaria
Hi,

The app seems nice! Good luck in the Coding Competition!

Do you consider publishing the app at Nokia Store? I encourage you to do so because I expect that it will have a lot of downloads.

What is the licence of MeeGoal? It is open source? If it is open source I would be happy to help you by translating the app to Bulgarian. Based on my experience with location2sms I am pretty sure that you can easily find other people who will help you translate the app to multiple languages.

The Following User Says Thank You to leon.anavi For This Useful Post:
can you make MeEPL?

need a Guest House for temporary stay at Malaysia?
PM me

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by leon.anavi View Post
Hi,
Do you consider publishing the app at Nokia Store?
I submitted it to Ovi-Store yesterday, so it will be available in a few days, if it passes QA.

What is the licence of MeeGoal? It is open source? If it is open source I would be happy to help you by translating the app to Bulgarian. Based on my experience with location2sms I am pretty sure that you can easily find other people who will help you translate the app to multiple languages.
Yes, it's open source.
In /opt/meegoal/i18n you will find the file base.ts. You can edit it by hand or use QtLinguist. If you need any help let me know!
If I find time, I will clean up the source and upload it to github.

can you make MeEPL?
What do you mean? If you mean the english premiere league, it's already there.

The Following User Says Thank You to EmaNymton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
some feedback...

- please add champions league
- change the app icon (looks like a kids game) make it a bit more professional for the look of our n9
- ui all in all should be a bit more i the n9 style

functionality will be tested at the weekend

The Following User Says Thank You to snooky For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your feedback! I'm very busy atm so forgive me, if I answer not directly to your posts.

Originally Posted by snooky View Post
some feedback...

- please add champions league
Champions League is available at openligaDB and I already tested adding it to the league-selection, but I get some connection errors while loading data. I think it's because of the suboptimal structure, how the matchdays are organized. The whole preliminary round is placed in the first matchday, so you have a lot of games/data to load. Because I participate at MCC 2012 with the application, I wanted a mostly bug-free version, so CL is on my todo list and will be implemented when voting is over.

Originally Posted by snooky View Post
- change the app icon (looks like a kids game) make it a bit more professional for the look of our n9
- ui all in all should be a bit more i the n9 style

functionality will be tested at the weekend
I have to confess, that I'm more a developer than a designer, but could you please be more explicit or make any suggestions what you mean by n9-style? How's the opinion of other users about the design?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Hi,

I really love to see that someone is doing this, since most of the other football apps only support first leagues... And I really need to follow 2. Bundesliga. So thanks a lot man!

So here's my feedback
- The current matchday is shown perfectly, but for me the league stats and scorer stats are shown wrong (e.g. for 2. BuLi it only shows 10 teams and Ingolstadt on first place having 3 points)
- I frequently do have some connection errors ("connection problem try again")
- I personally also do not like the starter icon so I did an new one (see attachment). If you'd like to use it, please feel free
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to fredson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fredson View Post
- The current matchday is shown perfectly, but for me the league stats and scorer stats are shown wrong (e.g. for 2. BuLi it only shows 10 teams and Ingolstadt on first place having 3 points)
You have to load all the matchdays before because standings and goalgetters are not provided by openligadb, so I calculate them from local data. (hint: read "Help" )

- I frequently do have some connection errors ("connection problem try again")
Jepp, me too but it's related to the overload of the website

- I personally also do not like the starter icon so I did an new one (see attachment). If you'd like to use it, please feel free
Great, thanks man! The icon will be build in the next update.

Does anyone discovered problems by playing sound notification? I got some strange behavior between N950 (works) and N9 (don't work), have to figure this out.

Last edited by EmaNymton; 2012-09-15 at 15:41.

Originally Posted by EmaNymton View Post
You have to load all the matchdays before because standings and goalgetters are not provided by openligadb, so I calculate them from local data. (hint: read "Help" )
Oh I see, now it's fine . Do you think it's possible to automate this process? I mean, if someone jumps in during a season or didn't use MeeGoal for some time, loading all missing matchdays manually could be very annoying .
Maybe like this:
If you select a league, MeeGoal checks it's local data and compares it with server data. If there's a difference it will ask you, if it should download the missing data.
But since I'm no programmer, I have no clue if this actually is possible nor how complex it will be to code....

Does anyone discovered problems by playing sound notification? I got some strange behavior between N950 (works) and N9 (don't work), have to figure this out.
I will check this out later

If you select a league, MeeGoal checks it's local data and compares it with server data. If there's a difference it will ask you, if it should download the missing data.
But since I'm no programmer, I have no clue if this actually is possible nor how complex it will be to code....
Yes, it's on my todo list and will be included in one of the next updates after the voting for MCC12 ended (before I'm only allowed to fix bugs).

I did check sound notification today, didn't work for me too (N9).

The Following User Says Thank You to fredson For This Useful Post: