Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
d'oh! I'll email him to see if he can still pick it up or find out where it has gone to.

Edit:
I've just emailed Hossein advising that the money has been paid out to the paypal address he originally provided, but had later asked us not to. I'm not sure the reason for the change of mind.

I've asked if his friend has received the money and can send it to Hossein, or else if his friend can refuse the transfer and then we'll get it back and send it to Hossein directly.

If the paypal address is wrong it may have gone to no-one or it may have gone to someone we don't know. We'll figure out the next steps once we're clear what the situation is.
I got the money back, so I can send it again as soon as I'll get the new PayPal address I should send the money to...

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2012-12-13 at 07:47.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ New Delhi, India
Received payment!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abhinav12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
it may sound prudish but has anyone considered sending an email to Elop?

Considering PR consequences ...
Worth a try
But do you really think he cares about PR consequences regarding Maemo/MeeGo devices (at all)?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Worth a try
But do you really think he cares about PR consequences regarding Maemo/MeeGo devices (at all)?
Well seemingly he has been taking care of emails complaining of sub-standard Lumia 920s; yes we are the abandoned platform but always worth a try considering the current situation of having run out of contacts and no devices since such a long time...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Per chance, does anybody else dislike combination of Friday and 13th? I spilled some drink on the keyboard yesterday, it worked fine, then seven keys stopped working one-by-one. Now I have rusty keys, and since the metal is thin, I might have to use graphite glue to make it workable - if it is possible.
As the time has proven again and again, this platform, abandoned officially as it is, will not be abandoned by this community.
Nokia is a nice company, just grasping for straws as competitors take market share. Remember the unique: E70, N91, 7280...
I had almost thought I lost the stylus, but it turned out it was displaced due to falling asleep while playing chess; not that the play was long, merely the seventh move.
Can you possibly make a telephone call to somebody working inside Nokia? To wake up whoever is in charge of these devices?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
ivgalvez acquired a new Nokia contact, he will try that contact. If there's any response I'll report right away

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
it may sound prudish but has anyone considered sending an email to Elop?

Send him an email with references of how contacts have failed board, council and kojacker.
Ha! Not after the things I've said about him this past year and a half..

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
ivgalvez acquired a new Nokia contact, he will try that contact. If there's any response I'll report right away
Fingers crossed for good news

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
This week's five working days could be about the last chance to get hold of any contact whatsoever, as the next Monday is 23rd already and everyone could be already off for holidays.

It could be about the time to figure out who works at Nokia and can walk and talk to the board contact in person.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gryllida For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Time is slowly ebbing away, as we see of moon red dusty ray.
Hope is still going with us to stay, even as future is led astray.
Amused by the pessimistic voice of logic, I am still aware that my optimistic "all will end well" attitude is not necessarily infallible or helpful.
Nevertheless, I am still hoping that Nokia keeps good records of its devices.
Keeping it simple: if there is no response from Nokia by Christmas, is there a possibility of contacting them by telephone or in person before New Year's Eve?

Years will pass, yet I shall remember the company, and its products, each of them the last of their kind, with wonder.
Only a genius mind can cause a failure which will be remembered all over the world; because only a genius mind can create something noticed everywhere, and missed by many as soon as it fades away.
Underlined by the notorious ups and downs, Nokia is wrestling within itself, having too many innovative ideas to focus on one of them exclusively.

Fear not, Nokia's inability to focus will not turn it into one more Android-oriented phone manufacturer.
Onerous as it may sound, Nokia prefers to do everything itself - Panorama, Maps, Here, City Lens - even though it's not widely known as a software company.
Rather like a chameleon, Nokia can change its colours noticeably, according to epoch and device series.

Even now, it continues to astound us by remaining ahead of some better-known companies in potentially life-threatening situations.
Vulnerable to occasional misinformation as any maps are, Nokia Maps will not lead you into vast wilderness as Apple did.
Even as Nokia is overtaken by Samsung as the top mobile phone brand, Nokia might be remembered as one of the few companies to receive lifetime of royalties from various Apple products.
Research in Motion has followed Apple, in this example, exactly one year afterwards - on the day when the world ends, 12/21/2012.
Yet, the significance of the day was not noted by Forbes when reporting the settlement - most likely, because they didn't want to mention the crackpot theories within such a serious topic.
Time management is not my strength, it can rather be considered point of my weakness, but still, Nokia seems to be setting a record here.
Humorously, it may be a result of a problem with memory, or, more likely, its current attempt to acquire a one-track mind.
I have to concede that true reasons for the inaction might be known only after some kind of contact is established.
No guesses of mine about them are supported by facts, or reliable in any way.
Good wishes, and Merry Christmas!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I don't see anything in this week's council meeting, I'm assuming there's been no reply to ivgalvez's attempts with the new contact...

I'll reach out to him directly to see. If not, I'm going to email the maemo-community mailing list to see if there's anyone out there with links inside Nokia who can still help us.

There has to be a cut off point for this where we give up, it's really down to the patience of Wikiwide and netvandal. i'm slightly worried about Wikiwide's latest posts as waiting may be damaging his mental health

Having a device must be a lot more preferable to having a share of the bounty, but at what point do we cut our losses and say a bounty share is better than having nothing..

Edit: email to ivgalvez sent, will update on reply.
Edit2: ivgalvez has heard nothing back, I've emailed a possible contact (not too hopeful)
Edit3: I've emailed the maemo-community mailing list to bring our situation to a wider audience.
Edit4: I have two new leads, I've forwarded their contact details on.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-12-24 at 10:06.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas