Active Topics

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by sm0k3 View Post
But what about those that they don't display status bar such as : documents,notes etc...? They just don't work with this mod?
Yes, they don't, as we hook into the code that handles touches on the status bar in the toolkit.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
Yes, they don't, as we hook into the code that handles touches on the status bar in the toolkit.
Ok, thanks for your answer

Install Inception
devel-su; /usr/sbin/pasiv
/usr/sbin/incept libmeegotouchviews0_0.25.10-1+0m8_armel.deb
/usr/sbin/incept qt-components_1.3~git20120215-1+0m8_armel.deb
/usr/sbin/incept qt-components-single_1.3~git20120215-2+0m8_armel.deb
Switch off your device (disconnect the USB cable to avoid actdead mode)
After switching off your device, wait a bit and switch it on
Hi @thp!

This is a wonderful advancement to the already smooth gesture base of N9! Thank @qwazix and ye for the idea and implementation respectively!

Given that Coderus aegis-install hack has mostly replaced the need for Inception, can u pl provide me absolute steps to install this with coderus aegis-install as opposed to Inception?

TIA,
Cheers 'n beers,
JoEy

Originally Posted by StygiAn TrepidAtioN View Post
Given that Coderus aegis-install hack has mostly replaced the need for Inception, can u pl provide me absolute steps to install this with coderus aegis-install as opposed to Inception?
Instructions are here: http://o.thp.io/tmp/cyclotron-statusbar/

If that is too complicated, you should probably not try it out - you'll probably risk a reflash or bricking your device.

Instructions are here: http://o.thp.io/tmp/cyclotron-statusbar/

If that is too complicated, you should probably not try it out - you'll probably risk a reflash or bricking your device.
No, it isn't complicated, but it's a different method: Instructions there are with the use of Inception. As mentioned previously though, I have Coderus Aegis as opposed to Inception (which now seems obsolete); and I seek instructions to install "Status Bar Integration for Cyclotron" with Coderus aegis-install method.

Surely, the old timers might understand but if we could, as a community, be a little more amiable towards newbies that are actually trying to learn the nuances, N9 could get more love and attention.

But every thread that I visit and try to learn something new, I seem to be greeted with this snobbish approach that is so discouraging. I love the N9 and Meego as much as ye developers, which is why I shifted from top-end androids to N9; but I'm from a different line of education and do not have prior knowledge in linux/ development. But that should not be a reason why I sholud not enjoy the beauty of Open Source development. I may not be able to code but I surely can contribute with ideas and testing of development. But hardly see any warmth in this community :| :|

The Following User Says Thank You to StygiAn TrepidAtioN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
No, it isn't complicated, but it's a different method: Instructions there are with the use of Inception. As mentioned previously though, I have Coderus Aegis as opposed to Inception (which now seems obsolete); and I seek instructions to install "Status Bar Integration for Cyclotron" with Coderus aegis-install method.

Surely, the old timers might understand but if we could, as a community, be a little more amiable towards newbies that are actually trying to learn the nuances, N9 could get more love and attention.

But every thread that I visit and try to learn something new, I seem to be greeted with this snobbish approach that is so discouraging. I love the N9 and Meego as much as ye developers, which is why I shifted from top-end androids to N9; but I'm from a different line of education and do not have prior knowledge in linux/ development. But that should not be a reason why I sholud not enjoy the beauty of Open Source development. I may not be able to code but I surely can contribute with ideas and testing of development. But hardly see any warmth in this community :| :|

Hello StygiAn TrepidAtioN

The TMO community in one of the nicest and warmest I personally have encountered and I am sure there were only a glitch in communication and no harm were meant. If you feel that THP's approach is a bit too demanding, maybe you could try out Schturmans N9QuickTweak app? He has integrated many, many really nice tweaks to one app that is quite easy to use. Cyclotron is also available there. Just remember the read instructions CAREFULLY ON THE FIRST PAGE!

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=quicktweak

THP probably only wanted to raise caution, as Cyclotron in in its nature a tweak that could cause your device go so haywire that you would need to flash it. No problem and instructions can be found here in the forum quite extensively, but there are several steps that might seem dangerous

there is some nice project which takes advantage of the Swipe todisplays a listview when swiping from the left side to right, but it can also change any swipe,

isnt it possible to hook the every app the same way?

If someone posts instructions for using aegis-install and posts it here or somewhere, I could integrate it into that webpage so other users can find it. I don't really have time to investigate what aegis-install is and how it works (it would probably only take an hour or two, but I'd rather spend that time answering questions on forums and maybe pushing forward some apps).

Reading http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90750, it might be enough to just skip step 7 and 8 of http://o.thp.io/tmp/cyclotron-statusbar/ and use "aegis-dpkg -i" instead of /usr/sbin/incept in steps 9, 10 and 11 - but I didn't test this, so don't blame me if it doesn't work / breaks your device / steals your cat. Make backups first, and make sure you have the necessary firmware and flasher files to make sure you can reflash and restore the backup.

That wasn't meant to be harsh. Just a quick / short reminder that installing Cyclotron if done wrong might require you to do a reflash, or that uninstaling it and reinstalling the stock packages might not be that easy. In other words, it's not made "easy to install" on purpose to not cause problems down the road. If I wanted to make this easy to install, I'd have to invest some more time to make it easy to uninstall and make installation easier (probably automating as much steps as possible).

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Reading http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90750, it might be enough to just skip step 7 and 8 of http://o.thp.io/tmp/cyclotron-statusbar/ and use "aegis-dpkg -i" instead of /usr/sbin/incept in steps 9, 10 and 11
Correct. Just replace any
Code:
 /usr/sbin/incept
With
Code:
aegis-dpkg -i

The Following User Says Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
It seems file links are dead. I found them on a Chinese site and threw into my Google Drive. I checked the performance, it’s simple enough to install through DPKG and reboot. You can download them from this link.
Sorry for bad english.