Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by veeall View Post
Does the new version of this program only flips one app per keypress or continously (when clicking and holding volume button down) like the first version did? I'd prefer the second behaviour to be disabled, no use for it at all, it just gets in the way too often. Please share an info if it can be disabled.
There is a new version?

I thought for now there should already be a new version out. Sorry, i like the app, but i keep accidentally flippin' over multiple appwindows at once. Also, home screen is on the list of running apps but lacks nice animation when switched to, this seems halfly done, and while you can get to homescreen by swiping there's no need for it to appear in apps switcher.

Last edited by veeall; 2012-12-14 at 21:43.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by veeall View Post
I thought for now there should already be a new version out. Sorry, i like the app, but i keep accidentally flippin' over multiple appwindows at once. Also, home screen is on the list of running apps but lacks nice animation when switched to, this seems halfly done, and while you can get to homescreen by swiping there's no need for it to appear in apps switcher.
There's no new version out. Rate-limiting could be done, but right now I can't distinguish between "user keeps the button pressed" and "user presses the button rapidly". And in the second case, it could be annoying if the user wants to switch between apps quickly.

The "nice animation" is something that's totally dependent on the window manager (mcompositor / swipeplugin), I didn't do anything there.

As far as excluding the home screen view from the application switching goes, this could be implemented (to exclude it from the list), but I thought it was kind of nice to have it in there. I'll think about maybe removing it in a future version - but first, I think I'll have a look at systemui (thanks qwazix for the great idea!). Swiping left/right on the statusbar seems doable, I'd just need to figure out where the input handling for that is (help here is welcome of course).

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
WIP status bar interaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARs3wABmXZA

Works great so far, but needs openmode (just copy over a replacement libmeegotouchviews) or inception (would also require either rebuilding libmeegotouch packages or re-packaging the existing .deb with a new libmeegotouchviews). Also a little problematic - if you swipe down without hitting the status bar, you would close the app. Swiping left/right and staying on the status bar also works (and avoids accidental closing), but does open the status bar menu sometimes for some reason (still have to investigate). Also QML apps not working right now (probably needs qt-components changes).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Could this be integrated with swipe manager?

Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
Could this be integrated with swipe manager?
No, because swipe manager only sets some configuration options of the closed source swipeplugin (that's mentioned in the original post of this thread). I'd love to have it integrated directly into the window manager, but we can't do that (in a clean way) without the source.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Maybe ditching the swipe plugin altogether and using the one from nemo?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Status Bar Integration ready for a first round of brave testers.

Patches and build instructions: http://thp.io/2012/cyclotron/
Binaries and installation instructions: http://o.thp.io/tmp/cyclotron-statusbar/
Updated video: http://youtu.be/_Nxdeza6X84

Feedback welcome. Read the instructions carefully. Make backups. Be prepared to reflash. Enjoy!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
The latest version works very nicely

Thanks thp!

Noticed that this version doesn't base itself on cyclotron itself but on the qt-components and libmeegotouchviews patched files so does this mean the ability to enable/disable on-demand is lost permanently?

Edit: Just noticed a side-advantage (?) that if the screen is locked and a notification arrives, even after a minute or two unlocking the screen still shows the notification in the status bar...

Edit 2: Usually when clicking the status bar to open it, there is no sound but during closing it there is a click sound... This persists but what I wish to request for a consistent experience is that while switching between apps this sound doesn't occur; currently, it alternates i.e. one swipe comes without any sound and the second swipe has the sound...

Edit 3: Also is it deliberate that when swiping right, the home-screen is excluded from the carousel but swiping left includes the home-screen too? Didn't find this in the project page but then again I may have been blinded by my excitement to try the new implementation

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-12-16 at 15:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Looks almost flawless, except that windows always slide in from the left.

The Following User Says Thank You to evujumenuk For This Useful Post: