Active Topics

Notices

thanks for your efforts!

didnt recognize the fixed keys for save/load,
as your reply, it would be nice to configure them, becouse im using the emulator and your gui with an gamegripper.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Added support for the options of "TV blur effect" and use of the Game Genie. For more info see the first post.

No luck with stretching the screen so far and had no time look at the control keys any further

Edit
: little mistake so blur option did not work. Should be fixed in the now uploaded 0.0.1-3 version.

Last edited by ade; 2012-03-19 at 22:19.

this EMU is much better than iNES. but it needs a gui that support der-menu, or else the roms are too many, we can't find quickly.

even we can use keyboard to choose the first word, but when I need to play nsf files, the .zip file will be the same name as the game itself, so we have to set rompath oncemore

Originally Posted by fft750731 View Post
this EMU is much better than iNES. but it needs a gui that support der-menu, or else the roms are too many, we can't find quickly.

even we can use keyboard to choose the first word, but when I need to play nsf files, the .zip file will be the same name as the game itself, so we have to set rompath oncemore
What is a "der-menu"? My rom collection is very humble, so I can find a rom no-time . The list is sorted alphabetically.

Nsf files are Nes Sound Files, right? I just filter zip and nes files. But if FCE Ultra can play then and it conflicts with the game zip name, I could define a second rompath...

FCEU supports .nes .fds .nsf and .zip format, so if we compress the .nsf file to .zip format, it will be the same name as the game itself, such as Contra (j).zip, so that we must put them in different rompath. Yeh, wish the second rompath can be used easily

@fft750731:
I added the option for a second rom path. Switching can be done on the fly via the drop down menu. When the save button is pressed in the config menu, it will save the currently selected rompath as default at startup.

@all:
It will now also show all supported file extensions.
I have given up on the following two points:
  • Stretching the screen at full screenwidth.
I was able to get a stretched screen in no-fullscreen mode, but because of the offset caused by the status bar, the lower part of the screen was not totally visible.
  • Reconfigure non-control keys (quit, reset etc.)
It is just hardcoded somewhere in the fceu binary

There might be some other options left like alternative controllers and netplay, but they are not tested by me and consequently not incorporated in the gui. For now, I am also not interested in those options.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
That's PERFECT, thx.

Now our N900 only need one tg16 emu

Originally Posted by ade View Post
@fft750731:
I added the option for a second rom path. Switching can be done on the fly via the drop down menu. When the save button is pressed in the config menu, it will save the currently selected rompath as default at startup.

@all:
It will now also show all supported file extensions.
I have given up on the following two points:
  • Stretching the screen at full screenwidth.
I was able to get a stretched screen in no-fullscreen mode, but because of the offset caused by the status bar, the lower part of the screen was not totally visible.
  • Reconfigure non-control keys (quit, reset etc.)
It is just hardcoded somewhere in the fceu binary

There might be some other options left like alternative controllers and netplay, but they are not tested by me and consequently not incorporated in the gui. For now, I am also not interested in those options.
thanks for your efforts, great gui anyway

would it be possible to implement onscreen gamepad (i don't know, if onscreen gamepad is handled outside the emulator)?
if yes, it would be awesome to have the option to use some kind of fake multitouch (it's like when you press on the left sceen side and the right screen side it recognizes the touch in the middle of the screen -> eg. if i press left and a the touch is recognized somewhere in the middle of the screen and there it says as keyconfig left+a)
this would really be awesome and this would be the first emulator to support that

Originally Posted by aliman View Post
would it be possible to implement onscreen gamepad (i don't know, if onscreen gamepad is handled outside the emulator)?
if yes, it would be awesome to have the option to use some kind of fake multitouch (it's like when you press on the left sceen side and the right screen side it recognizes the touch in the middle of the screen -> eg. if i press left and a the touch is recognized somewhere in the middle of the screen and there it says as keyconfig left+a)
this would really be awesome and this would be the first emulator to support that
There are several emulators that support onscreen touch control (picodrive, maybe even iNES), but not exactly in the way you describe it. The idea is not bad and should technically be possible.

But I can't adapt fceu itself (I only have the binary), and even if I had the code, I would out of my league to make such changes (at least with my current knowledge).