Notices

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by mihail View Post
About such errors:
/opt/instinctiv/instinctiv: relocation_error: /opt/instinctiv/instinctiv: symbol __aeabi_d2lz, version LIBAVCODEC_52 not defined in file libavcodec.so.52 with link time reference

You have to use this script to start the application: /usr/local/instinctiv/bin/instinctiv.launch
We use specific version of ffmpeg and that's why the instinctiv package install these libraries. That's why the script loads these libraries to the current bash session settings and then starts the executable.
Please use the icon for the player in the menu or use this script to start the application.
Hi Mihail, and thanks for repsonding. I have been using that script and that's when I get the errors. Furthermore, the Instinctiv package does not install any ffmpeg/libav* libraries (the dependency list is libc6, libgcc1, libqt4-core, libqt4-gui, libstdc++6, zlib1g, libasound2, libuuid1, libpulse0, pulseaudio).

EDIT: Oh, I see - you install them as part of the Instinctiv package. In that case, the bug is that you're appending the required path to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable, not prepending it.

EDIT2: That doesn't help either. It's using the versions from /usr/lib regardless.

EDIT3: I was able to get it working by specifying all the libraries (with full path) in LD_PRELOAD

Last edited by Rob1n; 2010-07-06 at 14:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Not to make you feel bad or anything but that feature is already implemented on our android app Maemo will catch up though -- it's an obvious UI decision and incredibly useful in contexts where finger precision is hard (like when you're driving).

Originally Posted by Andrew_b View Post
Interesting thing I just did then. I was playing a song in single track mode from 'Songs' and then instinctively 'swiped' right to see what the next song was. Obviously, nothing happened, but does this point to another possible UI feature? On checking my (cough) Touch, I find that a right swipe returns me to the list of songs and a left swipe does nothing. A swipe of a song's album art while playing could reveal more info, lyrics, more albums, tracks, whatever, but it's worth exploiting for some feature or other.

The Following User Says Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Sorry for the confusion. The main difference between this version and the previous one is better debug information that will help us quash more bugs. There are some small changes like a roll over to our production servers for better data and artwork in lists, though we're still polishing and optimizing that functionality (as you can tell )

When I said this is a 0.9 release, I meant that figuratively, rather than literally. 0.9 is commonly used to denote "beta" or "work in progress", and that's how feel about this app. We're really excited about where the app is going especially with all the great feedback from you guys... but we're not "there" yet Playlisting and folder browsing is high up on the todo list. Neither is functional just yet, but when it's ready, you'll be the first to know.

Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
Hi! I don't see in the version you posted the abbility to browse folders that you said it is fixed. Why? Why you are not sharing the latest version available, you said 0.9, if you wanna know what improvements should be done?
Nothing spectacular betwen this 0.34.1 and the one from OVI, maybe a little bit slower!

Can I ask how you guys are launching the app? There's a script /usr/local/instinctiv/bin/instinctiv.launch that sets the loader paths. If you try and launch the bin directly you'll get the kinds of warnings you guys are reporting.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I don't even get the UI up. Running from the command-line reports a whole load of version information errors with the various libav* libraries, ending with:

Given that libavcodec isn't in the main extras repository, I'm not sure where it's installed from for users without -testing/-devel enabled, but presumably it's wanting a different version.
Originally Posted by bobalyafeai09 View Post
I downloaded the deb file,,but when i run it, it does not work, it shut down it self.
could someone help me please. I'm so exiting to use it.
thanks

Awesome! We'll make that change on our end as well.

EDIT: Oh, I see - you install them as part of the Instinctiv package. In that case, the bug is that you're appending the required path to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable, not prepending it.

EDIT2: That doesn't help either. It's using the versions from /usr/lib regardless.

EDIT3: I was able to get it working by specifying all the libraries (with full path) in LD_PRELOAD

Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
I still wonder why it's not working - according to the ld.so documentation, LD_LIBRARY_PATH should be checked before everything except DT_RPATH/DT_RUNPATH - is Instinctiv (or the libraries themselves) being compiled using -rpath?

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Can I ask how you guys are launching the app?
Using the Icon! Oldschool ey?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
To Peter, can you add your reply after the quote (like this reply) rather than before it? It's easier to read that way.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Can I ask how you guys are launching the app?
I just clicked the .deb link in your earlier post from Firefox browser on my N900, chose 'Open', then it downloaded and the App Manager took care of the installation. To launch, I click the Instinctiv icon I've added to one of my desktops. It launches perfectly, every time.

Minor niggle. I'm not sure if it's my desktop theme, but I find it quite hard to read the numbers of tracks against each album. Mine is showing up light blue against a not so light blue background and the contrast is very low, making it hard to read. The track times are dark grey and easy to read.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew_b For This Useful Post:
I still wonder why it's not working - according to the ld.so documentation, LD_LIBRARY_PATH should be checked before everything except DT_RPATH/DT_RUNPATH - is Instinctiv (or the libraries themselves) being compiled using -rpath?
Ah yes, objdump is my friend:
RPATH /usr/lib

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post: