Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi ivgalvez,

Sorry for the delay - have been away.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I know it's not the right place for it but Saturn, as you have done some really neat applications to tune the N900, could you please create one to customize the transitions?
Thanks a lot for the nice words. Appreciated.
I know there is an application called transtitioncontrol but it is outdated and not very usable (doesn't show actual values at start).

Maybe you could create a Desktop Tuner application merging customization of the original transitions.ini and new features provided by the CSSU (these shouldn't be available if CSSU not installed).
I don't see a problem extending the options to include more useful things. Nevertheless, I thought the Transition Tuner application was up to date (?) and most probably you only miss the readout/display of current values.
Why dont first put an enhancement request to the already available app?

Also a good value to be able to tweak could be the WSEGL_UseHWSync in /etc/powervr.d/hildon-desktop.ini
Searching on this came up: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=863352
Looks interesting but also this option is not something newly provided by the CSSU, which is the objective for this app.

This kind of tool combined with Swappoluble would make the N900 the easiest device to tweak in the world (well it's right now).

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Hi ivgalvez,

Sorry for the delay - have been away.

Thanks a lot for the nice words. Appreciated.

I don't see a problem extending the options to include more useful things. Nevertheless, I thought the Transition Tuner application was up to date (?) and most probably you only miss the readout/display of current values.
Why dont first put an enhancement request to the already available app?

Searching on this came up: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=863352
Looks interesting but also this option is not something newly provided by the CSSU, which is the objective for this app.

Yep, the WSEGL_UseHWSync would probably fit on a Transitions Tuner application, not specifically your CSSU one. And you are right about the readout/display of current values in Transitions Tuner, but that's a blocker problem in my opinion.

Considering that most of the CSSU features configuration apply to transitions as well (and are new entries for transitions.ini), that's why I thought it could be a good idea to have a more generic transitions application that could, not only tweak the transitions.ini file, but also enable other CSS goodies if it is installed.

Thanks for your hard work.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Scarbrough
Greatttt....
I finally figgured it out and installed it...

I didn't knwo that CSSU updater was not in app manager...
i had to download it from the website...

Any wasy all i wanted to say Excelent work man... Seriously excelent...

Since when i got my N900 after 2 months i felt there was this lackness of potrait mode in it...

places where u really need it the most... like conversations.. contacts file manager... Etc

have looked up few apps but NON worked... As perfectly as CSSU...

Again man Excelent Work....

Keep it up.....

Last edited by darguzar; 2011-03-29 at 09:55.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by darguzar View Post
Well Jedi dude sorry but instead of bieng snobby u could have told me that...
Huh?! I guess that was aimed at me?

I'm confused as I've never answered one of your posts, but apparently I should have done and shouldn't have been snobby about it?

Jeez, I'm already married I don't need a second wife blaming me for random stuff.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Scarbrough
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Huh?! I guess that was aimed at me?

I'm confused as I've never answered one of your posts, but apparently I should have done and shouldn't have been snobby about it?

Jeez, I'm already married I don't need a second wife blaming me for random stuff.
Sorry Dude seriously i can't say how ashamed i am...
i thouht you replied for my question where as you replied to that Aogdata dude..

My sincere apology... no hard feelings...

i even corrected the posting i posted.....

Sorry again...

The Following User Says Thank You to darguzar For This Useful Post:
hi guys!

I got successfully installed CSSU following instructions (here http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU)

I have device working fine, i think its faster, control panel has the SSU version, but anyway i don't have the cssu options anywhere? i have tried to search info about it, readed this forum and wiki has no answer to that as well.

my sidebar is same as old, only new thing is "orientation lock" button there. all screenshot what i see there should be button "options". i have tried also change themes, but that dident help. so is there any way to enable it manually from configuration file? thanks already

Keep up good work!

Originally Posted by riku2015 View Post
hi guys!

I got successfully installed CSSU following instructions (here http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU)

I have device working fine, i think its faster, control panel has the SSU version, but anyway i don't have the cssu options anywhere? i have tried to search info about it, readed this forum and wiki has no answer to that as well.

my sidebar is same as old, only new thing is "orientation lock" button there. all screenshot what i see there should be button "options". i have tried also change themes, but that dident help. so is there any way to enable it manually from configuration file? thanks already

Keep up good work!
Have you installed the "CSSU Features Configuration" app? Sounds like you haven't. See post #1 in this thread

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
oh lol thanks jedi!

i totally missed that, i readed again, its smallest text end of post where is saying what packages is used xD
its working fine now.
btw: anyone using faster packet management here? is it safe to use upadates of cssu via that?

Originally Posted by riku2015 View Post
oh lol thanks jedi!

i totally missed that, i readed again, its smallest text end of post where is saying what packages is used xD
its working fine now.
btw: anyone using faster packet management here? is it safe to use upadates of cssu via that?
LOL - I think you missed the 3 links in the top 5 lines of that post -?!

Anyway, totally safe to upgrade via FAPMAN.

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Uploaded version 2.0-1 in extras-devel

In short, it brings the ability to easy configure the CSSU related GConf key values.

Changelog:
  • Added the gconf key options of CSSU version 14.1 (FMTX applet, status menu rows, app menu edit).
  • Added one gconf option from previous CSSU version (desktop menu edit).
  • Update of the wiki link to point in the new page.
  • Changes in the postinstall script.

As usual, will wait before promoting it also to the testing repo for a couple of days.
In any case,please let me know if you find something wrong/misbehaving or/and more ideas for additions you'd like to see.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post: