Active Topics

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
Face it, Nokia played the long con on you and walked away laughing there arses off.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twigleaf1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
I'm genuinely sorry for you poor saps. Spending 600 euros on a brick from Nokia which managed to reach EOL within a week after release.

They then brainwash you into thinking its open, without just giving you the ****ing source code. They make great promises of Ovi Store filled with great apps, Ovi Maps, Flash 10.1 and continued support. And what do you get? A fcuking webcomic about an Angry Man.

A bunch of non paid backstreet coders with nothing better to do then decide to improve this device themselves for the community. Without these decent men and women you all would quickly realize you got professionally scammed out of your money and left with a POS. But this is exactly what Nokia was aiming for: plenty money, little to no work and no customer support; leave that to the users themselves.

Face it, Nokia played the long con on you and walked away laughing there arses off.
I love you man give me a big hug

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm genuinely sorry for you poor saps. Spending 600 euros on a brick from Nokia which managed to reach EOL within a week after release.

They then brainwash you into thinking its open, without just giving you the ****ing source code. They make great promises of Ovi Store filled with great apps, Ovi Maps, Flash 10.1 and continued support. And what do you get? A fcuking webcomic about an Angry Man.

A bunch of non paid backstreet coders with nothing better to do then decide to improve this device themselves for the community. Without these decent men and women you all would quickly realize you got professionally scammed out of your money and left with a POS. But this is exactly what Nokia was aiming for: plenty money, little to no work and no customer support; leave that to the users themselves.

If you're able to overlook his very acerbic way of speaking... strip away the vitriol and you have a counterpoint to the blind faith love-fest that's deeply entrenched in these parts.

Simply put, despite his tone, I can see his point, can even agree with parts of it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Simply put, despite his tone, I can see his point, can even agree with parts of it.
The problem is his acidic, aggressive tone detracts from his point, much like querty12's blow up and departure. Not to mention that he spends most of his time deliberately trying to incite flamewars and dropping useless turds on other threads.

So if he has a valid point, it's completely lost in the noise.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
The problem is his acidic, aggressive tone detracts from his point, much like querty12's blow up and departure. Not to mention that he spends most of his time deliberately trying to incite flamewars and dropping useless turds on other threads.

So if he has a valid point, it's completely lost in the noise.
I remember when the same things were said about me.

Big whoop. You wanna fight about it?

Don't you mean their arses?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Doubt noone hate maemo. Maybe one or two that was tricked in to this strange OS and couldn't find the way out of the maze. Always happens.

Doubt noone hate n900, except for a few people that really didn't understand how thick the n900 really is. Of course these people thought they bought and Iphone, they didn't

The beef is with nokia so leave the n900/Maemo out of this...Strange thread headline indeed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I love my n900 as a handset, but also very dissapointed in the lack of progress and input that nokia and meamo have put in. Seems to be a handset that they have forgetten about, im not a n900 hater as i love my device as i said.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Boothy View Post
i love my device as i said.
Yea sure. I have never ever had a phone this long. 1 year and 2 months (or three), way too long time, I have lost the count. I am bored to insanity of the device, bored of Nitroid, bored of MeeGo that is hardly working, (I won't even mention the lack of "default" MMS), bored of no more updates.

But the thing is, there is nothing better out there. Android, iPhone, Bada, Palm, WP7, they are all out of the question (well maybe not WP7 just yet). So unless Nokia get their fingers out and deliver a better gadget, I am stuck with this device forever. So come on Nokia - do something !!!

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
yes it is the painful truth. business is business, as long as they got the money and can get away with not supporting the product after. why not? i remember someone disagreeing with me before in another thread here while citing that given fact.

The Following User Says Thank You to shockgiga For This Useful Post:

Tags
blah blah blah, blah the end, criticismhearit, flamebait, popcorn time, quit happens, still blah blah, stop it, trollfest