Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Thanks lcuk, although it's a shame this will actually fail.

I wonder if anyone is planning to optify the packages, or is there no pressure to do so because they're not designed to be used on the device.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
pelago,
I said you need to cleanup first
i do all liqbase development directly on the device and have done since my n810
it just needs a bit of careful thinking beforehand.

Too bad there's no (mainstream?) emacs port. Emacs has remote file support ("tramp"). I don't know whether it compiles remotely or not; it's all done through ssh, so I suspect that it would. Or you could use ssh in a terminal for the compiling.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
Pardon me for being dense, but what "clean up" must be done to get build-essentials to work? I would like to dual boot to solve the 'opt' problem, but I don't think the N8x0 dual boot system will work. Please enlighten.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
hey bruce
for me on my older flash, it involved removing additional themes, some maps stuff and all the locale stuff that wasn't uk, i'm not going to list them specifically though things change with each flash and me telling you what to remove isn't the right thing to do.

also, now the game is changing, opt is kicking in and it looks like more and more is stored there.
i heard murmors when opt was starting that there is a script to try automatically optifying preexisting files from different packages, maybe its something that can be done for the default flash contents.

what would also be useful is optifying build-essential and all its components and then the rest of the -dev libraries themselves, or maybe just making the system dev friendly (by setting up things like /usr/include to be optified by default. I asked about build-esssential being optified in the -dev ML and was told its possible so someone could follow up and see what sort of difference could be made.

i too don't think the regular dual booting system will work, but as more people get the device, i bet someone will figure it out.

The Following User Says Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
could a mod move this please?

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
is it a silent error if you don't have enough space? cos i followed your instructions, and everything seems fine

until i try to # make something:
Host OS: Linux
Compiler: g++ -I. -I./packages.d/work/root/include
Linker: ld -L./packages.d/work/root/lib
Defines: -DORP_CLOCK_DEBUG -DORP_SYNC_TO_MASTER
Libraries: ./packages.d/work/root/lib/libSDL.a ./packages.d/work/root/lib/libSDL_image.a ./packages.d/work/root/lib/libpng.a ./packages.d/work/root/lib/libSDL_net.a ./packages.d/work/root/lib/libSDL_ttf.a ./packages.d/work/root/lib/libfreetype.a ./packages.d/work/root/lib/libcrypto.a ./packages.d/work/root/lib/libavformat.a ./packages.d/work/root/lib/libavcodec.a ./packages.d/work/root/lib/libswscale.a ./packages.d/work/root/lib/libavutil.a ./packages.d/work/root/lib/libfaad.a ./packages.d/work/root/lib/libcurl.a -ldl -lz -lm -lpthread -lrt
make -C packages.d
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/user/open-rp/packages.d'
make[1]: /bin/bash: Command not found
make[1]: *** [all] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/open-rp/packages.d'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Any help would be amazing as i'm trying to compile open remote play and i've got everything but the actual program!

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
make[1]: /bin/bash: Command not found
Looks like you need to install bash!

The Following User Says Thank You to kwotski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Is a optified gcc in Maemo Extras possible?

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
ahh, thanks kwotski!

But from what i've found so far, bash conflicts with some core components and can't be installed/used at all.

i can't find any workarounds, anybody got any advice?

Tags
c compiler, c language, c programming, c++ compiler, c++ language, c++ programming, compile, compiler, development, maemo, on-device, on-device development, on-device programming, programming