Lately, I've reproducible problem with CSSU'ish camera-ui - everytime I take a bunch of photos in short succession (short - in time span of 3 minutes or so), only one of them, seemingly randomly chosen, is saved. so, for example, after taking 8 or 9 photos, I end up with only a single one saved in DCIM folder on MyDocs.

Whats even more strange, after every photo, I get image-viewer pop-up showing it. mmcblk0p1's filesystem is Ok, no related error messages in terminal or syslog or dmesg.
---

Anyway, considering the epic amount of serious bugs/regressions with CSSU's camera-ui and no chances for anyone fixing them in foreseeable future, I opt for moving it "back" to cssu-devel, at least until someone able to maintain it and fix bugs is found.

Believe me, I'm requesting it with heavy heart, considering how I love idea of FOSS camera replacement and the features camera-ui introduced. It's just completely unreliable to use ATM, without any bugfix for a year or godsknowhowlong.

Considering the fact that FOSS camera-ui is requiment for 720p video recording, there is another possibility - moving camera-ui replacement to extras-* as a non-conflicting package, so people (like me) could use normal camera-ui for everyday needs, and replacement solely for photo taking.

And yes, I know that every can ditch replacement camera-ui on own device (managing dependencies, mp-fremantle-community-pr pestering about them, etc), but it's not the point - I think that keeping stuff in cssu-testing makes sense if we have maintainer that is able and willing to fix discovered bugs, not stockpiling on them over years without clear purpose, right? I'm all for introducing it back if someone starts to work on it again, by any means.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I agree with Estel's suggestion. camera-ui2 is buggy as hell, and no one seems to maintain it. I've experienced a very infuriating bug [1]. Imagine yourself on an abroad trip with each <3;20> photo not being saved. A camera-ui hang instead. Btw. no feedback from so-called maintainers (in the bug report I asked how to get some sensible log). And there've been similar bug reports in the past.

[1] https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12731

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i also agree with marmistrz and Estel.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
estel: IIRC you promised to open bugs against camera-ui a couple of months ago. It could be that I didn't search correctly, but I just can't find those bug reports on BMO. Your post above is a rant, not a bug report, sorry, not to say I am unable to reproduce what fails on your device. AFAIK you have more than one n900, could you please take one of those, flash it to stock rootfs/eMMC, install ONLY CSSU-T (or CSSU-thumb) and try to reproduce the issue.

camera-ui is not unmaintained, I just don't see bug reports against it which contain enough information for me (or some other guy) to start chasing the bug.

I know your (and marmistrz') device is heavily tweaked and it might be the reason why camera-ui fails for you while it works perfectly reliable for me (and not only me, my GF uses N900 too, so if there is some really big issue I would have heard about it already, lots of times ).

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Last edited by freemangordon; 2014-07-19 at 09:42.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Agreed that bugs were not posted on BMO (although, last time I checked, camera-ui2 thread was full of reproducible bugs... I thought that they're "common knowledge", understanding, that chasing them in such long thread may be a little time-wasting for devs), and glad to hear that CSSU's camera-ui isn't unmaintained.

I'll browse through camera-ui2's thread and try to reproduce it (and compare) in both devices, my daily-use one and the CSSU-Thumb only one. Then, it's time to gather them all in BMO report.

Don't expect it to happen tomorrow, though Help from any people experiencing problems (in form of refreshing my memory about issues you've encountered, posted in fresh post in camera-ui2 thread) highly appreciated.

/Estel

// Edit

Glad to see that my "rant" resulted in at least:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12731

...getting responses and actual debugging work, after like what, 3 months of being totally ignored? Not that I don't agree with request for posting everything important on BMO instead of random TMO threads, but even the sole bug report seems to indicate that my "feeling" about camera-ui being maintainer-less wasn't totally unjustified, to say at least.

Anyway, if you're going to be the one squashing bugs in it, I'm more than happy and motivated for some bug-spotting, so all well that ends well!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-07-20 at 20:33.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
an issue with the sharing-service-flickr package has been reported here probably due to changes in flickr authentication

is this something to be fixed in cssu-testing? (and hopefully stable as soon as we have a manteiner?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ culpeper,va.
After a while I returned to my beloved N900 , it showed a bunch of updates and I start doing manually, I started from CSSU updates they install then I update pigdori I think, my data was not working, I reboot it and it stuck on the boot loop.

Any solution before flash it? I did not backed it up. fxxc me...

The Following User Says Thank You to geektech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
when next cssu stable coming?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
when next cssu stable coming?
should be soon, quote from IRC:

merlin1991 12,29,29
*looks for his n900 with stable on it*
gonna testrun the new release before throwing it onto anyone

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I noticed a bug (either in CSSU's Qt or in the components).

How to reproduce:
1. Install useragenttool and qt-components-1.4
2. Launch it
3. Click the + in the toolbar
4. Write anything in any of the fields
5. Select something of it
6. Try to move one of the drops at the ends (to change the selection, as in Harmattan)

Log & backtrace:

Code:
(gdb) r
Starting program: /opt/UserAgentTool/bin/UserAgentTool 
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 0x42a6d480 (LWP 4514)]
MLocalThemeDaemonClient::MLocalThemeDaemonClient(const QString&, QObject*) Theme:  blanco  (hardcoded) 
LocalThemeDaemonClient: Looking for assets in ("/usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch", "/usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch") 
X Error: 151 151
  Extension:    148 (Uknown extension)
  Minor opcode: 2 (Unknown request)
  Resource id:  0x66202020
MDeclarativeStatusBar "The name com.meego.core.MStatusBar was not provided by any .service files" 
QGLFramebufferObject: Unable to resolve framebuffer object extensions - make sure there is a current context when creating the framebuffer object.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
QGLContext::format (this=0x0) at qgl.cpp:3358
3358	qgl.cpp: No such file or directory.
	in qgl.cpp
(gdb) bt
#0  QGLContext::format (this=0x0) at qgl.cpp:3358
#1  0x4069cfce in QGLFBOGLPaintDevice::setFBO (this=0xdd9994, f=0x9d1b00, 
    attachment=QGLFramebufferObject::CombinedDepthStencil)
    at qglframebufferobject.cpp:321
#2  0x4069d0ac in QGLFramebufferObjectPrivate::init (this=0xdd9958, 
    q=0x9d1b00, sz=<optimized out>, 
    attachment=QGLFramebufferObject::CombinedDepthStencil, 
    texture_target=3553, internal_format=6408, samples=0)
    at qglframebufferobject.cpp:416
#3  0x4069db80 in QGLFramebufferObject::QGLFramebufferObject (this=0x9d1b00, 
    size=..., format=...) at qglframebufferobject.cpp:769
#4  0x42e65380 in ShaderEffectBuffer::ShaderEffectBuffer(QSize const&, QGLFramebufferObjectFormat const&) ()
   from /opt/maemo/usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/libmeegoplugin.so
#5  0x42e646fc in ShaderEffectSource::updateBackbuffer() ()
   from /opt/maemo/usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/libmeegoplugin.so
#6  0x00000014 in ?? ()
#7  0x00000014 in ?? ()
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
Is it something related to Qt or should I show it to the components' devs?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing