Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
No....this is different, we cannot add custom operator name using this. Wonder why custom operator name applet was removed?
It wasn't removed, it's a 'normal' package that replaced some maemo core functionality. Now CSSU also replaces that core functionality, so any previous operator widget either conflicts with the CSSU upgrade, or will get overridden by new CBS-widget. Reinstall your preferred operator-name-widget and you should be fine

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
Updated to last CSSU. Everything working fine ! Thanks for the good job guys

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vlad_on_the_road For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
according to prev posts here and complaints on IRC, I think we got a minor dependency problem with operator-name-cbs-widget.(http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80526)

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
Since update my status area disappears (crashes, I assume) and comes back minute later, but missing some applets and menu items. This happens randomly and once or twice per day, so far.
...is maye also related.

Summoning jonwil to please have an assisting look at it, now that it deploys via CSSU-T

[edit] from http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...95#post1132895 and http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=30
untested procedure to rollback to standard widget:
dpkg -r operator-name-cbs-widget

dpkg install --reinstall libsms0 libconnui-cellular connui-home-cellular or
apt-get -install --reinstall libconnui-cellular
apt-get -install --reinstall connui-home-cellular
[edit]forget that, it is incorrect and doesn't help.

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2012-06-11 at 12:38.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Hi
How is it determined whether a app is treated as blacklisted or not? Which part of executable is taken?
Why does blacklisting
Code:
brainparty
Launched by
Code:
/opt/brainparty/brainparty
works but blacklisting
Code:
allegro
launched by
Code:
meecolay /opt/allegro/bin/allegro
doesn't work, and blacklisting
Code:
meecolay
doesn't work too?

Sorry if posting in the wrong thread
I'm asking about it as it's connected with the development of MeeCoLay

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2012-06-09 at 19:19.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
CSSU working fine thanks to all of you im really happy to be a part of this community

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

i cannot install custom operator applet, conflict with CSSU .
There is no additional info (like tower info), I can see only the operator name!

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Hi
How is it determined whether a app is treated as blacklisted or not? Which part of executable is taken?
Why does blacklisting
Code:
brainparty
Launched by
Code:
/opt/brainparty/brainparty
works but blacklisting
Code:
allegro
launched by
Code:
meecolay /opt/allegro/bin/allegro
doesn't work, and blacklisting
Code:
meecolay
doesn't work too?

Sorry if posting in the wrong thread
I'm asking about it as it's connected with the development of MeeCoLay
marmistrz, I don't have meecolay installed right now, but by looking at the package contents at http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...ay-core/0.9.1/ , /usr/bin/meecolay is just a script... so it is in fact a /bin/sh (which on my device is linked to busybox, so in fact busybox?) process... Have you tried blacklisting busybox? If not, please do it and check what happens

Another case is how the resulting program is run - it is a child process created from busybox /bin/sh via "exec the_real_app_command". Even if my considerations don't have any sense or or just plain wrong, I hope they give more details for other guys here working on cssu to answer your question better and quicker.

Edit 1 (maybe will edit later if I work out what does that code do): see http://gitorious.org/community-ssu/h.../hd-comp-mgr.c , lines 3804 - 3855 (EDIT 2: SORRY I GAVE YOU WRONG LINES EARLIER)

Edit 3: here we go according to
Code:
gboolean hd_comp_mgr_is_blacklisted(MBWindowManager *wm, MBWindowManagerClient *c)
XClassHint class_hint;
ret = XGetClassHint (wm->xdpy, c->window->xwindow, &class_hint);
if (ret && class_hint.res_class)
   wname = g_strdup(class_hint.res_name);
if (g_strrstr(blacklist, wname) && !(c->portrait_supported || c->portrait_requested))
   blacklisted = TRUE;
if(c->stacked_below && (wname == NULL))
   if(hd_comp_mgr_is_blacklisted(wm, c->stacked_below))
      blacklisted = TRUE;
The window will be blacklisted when one of following conditions is made:
1. XClassHint.res_name for the created window is on the blacklisted list
2. MBWindowManagerClient->portait_supported is false (I doubt you can do anything about this one...)
3. The window stacked below (parent window as I understand) does not support portrait and this window's XClassHint.res_name is null... This option also is a no-go for you, as you rather cannot set XClassHint.res_name for a window created by external aplication being run by your script... Besides, I think this is only for child dialogs of other apps, etc.

There is also line
Code:
gboolean blacklisted = hd_comp_mgr_is_blacklisted_parse_desktop_file(wname, class_hint.res_class, c->window->pid);
somewhere between those lines - so maybe after creating a .desktop file with X-CSSU-Force-Landscape=true, the problem will be solved?

I think you should try to do something with the first option - getting res_name of XClassHint structure for windows created by different apps and blacklist them all... UNLESS you play with qt-components and e.g. create your own qt which sets this value as e.g. 'marmistrz rocks' for all windows and blacklist this value

sorry for TOTAL offtopic, this is better for Development section of TMO...

Edit 4: fixed few little typos and grammar errors

Last edited by misiak; 2012-06-10 at 14:41.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ philippines
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Definitely
plz help me i already update my n900,i accidentaly delete the operator widget name,now i cant reflash the n900 their was an error, who is encourter this prblem plz help me

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
marmistrz, I don't have meecolay installed right now, but by looking at the package contents at http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...ay-core/0.9.1/ , /usr/bin/meecolay is just a script... so it is in fact a /bin/sh (which on my device is linked to busybox, so in fact busybox?) process... Have you tried blacklisting busybox? If not, please do it and check what happens

Another case is how the resulting program is run - it is a child process created from busybox /bin/sh via "exec the_real_app_command". Even if my considerations don't have any sense or or just plain wrong, I hope they give more details for other guys here working on cssu to answer your question better and quicker.

Edit 1 (maybe will edit later if I work out what does that code do): see http://gitorious.org/community-ssu/h.../hd-comp-mgr.c , lines 3804 - 3855 (EDIT 2: SORRY I GAVE YOU WRONG LINES EARLIER)

Edit 3: here we go according to
Code:
gboolean hd_comp_mgr_is_blacklisted(MBWindowManager *wm, MBWindowManagerClient *c)
XClassHint class_hint;
ret = XGetClassHint (wm->xdpy, c->window->xwindow, &class_hint);
if (ret && class_hint.res_class)
   wname = g_strdup(class_hint.res_name);
if (g_strrstr(blacklist, wname) && !(c->portrait_supported || c->portrait_requested))
   blacklisted = TRUE;
if(c->stacked_below && (wname == NULL))
   if(hd_comp_mgr_is_blacklisted(wm, c->stacked_below))
      blacklisted = TRUE;
The window will be blacklisted when one of following conditions is made:
1. XClassHint.res_name for the created window is on the blacklisted list
2. MBWindowManagerClient->portait_supported is false (I doubt you can do anything about this one...)
3. The window stacked below (parent window as I understand) does not support portrait and this window's XClassHint.res_name is null... This option also is a no-go for you, as you rather cannot set XClassHint.res_name for a window created by external aplication being run by your script... Besides, I think this is only for child dialogs of other apps, etc.

There is also line
Code:
gboolean blacklisted = hd_comp_mgr_is_blacklisted_parse_desktop_file(wname, class_hint.res_class, c->window->pid);
somewhere between those lines - so maybe after creating a .desktop file with X-CSSU-Force-Landscape=true, the problem will be solved?

I think you should try to do something with the first option - getting res_name of XClassHint structure for windows created by different apps and blacklist them all... UNLESS you play with qt-components and e.g. create your own qt which sets this value as e.g. 'marmistrz rocks' for all windows and blacklist this value

sorry for TOTAL offtopic, this is better for Development section of TMO...

Edit 4: fixed few little typos and grammar errors
Is XClassHint.res_name the same as executable name seen in top?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Originally Posted by bugoy View Post
plz help me i already update my n900,i accidentaly delete the operator widget name,now i cant reflash the n900 their was an error, who is encourter this prblem plz help me
can you please describe what exactly is the error?

Tags
cssu testing