Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Ah like that... I thought you wanted the equivalent of long pressing a rule in ProfileMatic and choosing "Run rule's actions". But what you're requesting is a tad more complex, and at the moment doesn't really work well with how ProfileMatic works. So it'd require quite a bit work.
Could you elaborate on how to "Run rule's actions" via command line?

If Profilematic gives an answer, a widget type icon might be doable by modifying thp's ipaddr-widget.

Edit: Actually an answer would not be necessary since I think it's possible to query the current profile somehow.

Last edited by slarti; 2012-10-27 at 20:37.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Could you elaborate on how to "Run rule's actions" via command line?
Uh now that I double checked it's actually not possible. The D-Bus interface I have for that is not suitable for use from command-line.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
I want my N9 to make WiFi hotspot automatically when it touches the NFC tag. Is that possible to do by ProfileMatic? If it is, what should I do, what's the command I should use?

Originally Posted by SkirtCop View Post
I want my N9 to make WiFi hotspot automatically when it touches the NFC tag. Is that possible to do by ProfileMatic? If it is, what should I do, what's the command I should use?
Unfortunately the WiFi Hotspot application doesn't support any command-line option to start it automatically when launched.

So easily you can only launch the application from ProfileMatic, but you'd have top press the start button then.

I took a quick look at the binary, and it seems to have some d-bus interface. It might be possible to use that to make it start. But I have no time to figure that out myself.

I have one suggestion regarding the activity action of ProfileMatic. Currently, I can set my rules to remember a previous state, so for instance to go back to "online/available" after i set my status to busy at work (via wlan availlibility).

My suggestion is a second option next to "Restore previos state". It would be very useful to have "Set offline" as alternative because often I want to go online because of certain WLAN being available but when leaving the building, I want to be set to offline( also when going online the next time via mobile network). Currently going online always results in being set to my last rules availibilty state.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
ajalkane is there a way to debug the below:

I have only one rule set-up named Standby Screen with conditions as follows:

Code:
Idle - at least for 2 minutes

Time - 01:00 - 08:00 All days

Stand-by screen mode: Stand-by screen off. Restores previous mode.

However after 08:00 it never restores the screen to previous mode of being active. I have to manually turn it off from settings and turn it on again to use it...

Thanks!

Edit: At times between 0100 - 0800 I do use my phone so is it due to this that the previous is not restored?

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-11-06 at 10:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
I have a spot at my work where there is no signal.

My default profile is to keep me logged in to Skype, SIP, etc.

Is it possible to have a profile setting for no signal. Currently it switches to default, which is not good. I would like to log off or everything until it finds a tower again.

Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
My suggestion is a second option next to "Restore previos state". It would be very useful to have "Set offline" as alternative because often I want to go online because of certain WLAN being available but when leaving the building, I want to be set to offline( also when going online the next time via mobile network). Currently going online always results in being set to my last rules availibilty state.
I can understand the use case. I'll write it down, though I can't promise when/if it'll be implemented.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
ajalkane is there a way to debug the below:

I have only one rule set-up named Standby Screen with conditions as follows:
Yes,

run ProfileMatic daemon from command-line and send me the output after you've gotten the problem. Here's the instructions for that:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=429

Edit: At times between 0100 - 0800 I do use my phone so is it due to this that the previous is not restored?
All I can say is that it shouldn't be because of that. ProfileMatic should handle that just okay.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
I have a spot at my work where there is no signal.

My default profile is to keep me logged in to Skype, SIP, etc.

Is it possible to have a profile setting for no signal. Currently it switches to default, which is not good. I would like to log off or everything until it finds a tower again.
It is possible to add a profile setting for no signal, but the phone should handle that just correctly as it is for your use case? I mean, if you were logged on when signal is lost, then you're obviously not anymore in Skype, SIP etc. But when the signal is regained the phone automatically reconnects those chat accounts if you were online when signal was lost.