Two card slots would be great, even with a h/w switch. I have about 40gb of mp3's plus numerous concert DVD'd converted to mp4. I would like to carry it all. Greedy, I know!

Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
I am interested in this useful product, but would like some clarification please before sending email regarding my interest in the new metal cover model.

If I understand correctly, the metal cover will be thinner than the plastic cover which is for the Mugen extended battery, right?

So, if that's correct, the metal cover will allow me to use one SD card?

Later on, you might release a (2) SD card version?

With your SD adapter, I will no longer be able to use the microSD slot?

Thanks for your providing this product and your help with my questions.

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
I am interested in this useful product, but would like some clarification please before sending email regarding my interest in the new metal cover model.

If I understand correctly, the metal cover will be thinner than the plastic cover which is for the Mugen extended battery, right?

So, if that's correct, the metal cover will allow me to use one SD card?

Later on, you might release a (2) SD card version?

With your SD adapter, I will no longer be able to use the microSD slot?

Thanks for your providing this product and your help with my questions.

Yes, it is thinner than the plastic cover that comes with the MUGEN extended battery by about 3mm.

Yes, you would be able to us one full size SD card and store 2 additional cards

If this sell well I will continue to make products for the N810 tablet and one would be a 2 SD card with a switch to switch between them. The other would be a second card using the USB port with a switch to turn it on and off. I even have a 2MP camera that will work but I need a USB driver and software for the tablet.

No, you will not be able to use the miniSD card slot unless you remove the MiniSD part of the adapter. The cable is long enough for this without removing the complete adapter. But I do not think there would be any reason to remove it. Also you can use any card type with an adapter.

Thanks for you interest

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craves1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by craves1 View Post
Also you can use any card type with an adapter.
That is the best part. I was think "Damn, an I just bought a microSD card" but I can still use it with an adapter!

I don't have any normal SD cards though so I am waiting patiently for the Camera / tilt sensor.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
Just wanted to tell the community that I had a chance to sample the beta unit of the metal cover. The Beta unit looked so nice, I cannot wait to see what the final production unit looks like.. Nice brushed finish that gives you a little extra grip on the device while holding and typing, very nice touch.

Sooooo much nicer than the Mugen cover... I'm really hoping he sells a good number of these adapters with the covers, cause I want to nudge him to make a slightly larger version to go over the Mugen battery.

Once again craves1 fantastic job!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scanman717 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Florida
Originally Posted by scanman717 View Post
Just wanted to tell the community that I had a chance to sample the beta unit of the metal cover. The Beta unit looked so nice, I cannot wait to see what the final production unit looks like.. Nice brushed finish that gives you a little extra grip on the device while holding and typing, very nice touch.

Sooooo much nicer than the Mugen cover... I'm really hoping he sells a good number of these adapters with the covers, cause I want to nudge him to make a slightly larger version to go over the Mugen battery.

Once again craves1 fantastic job!!!!
</ lurk mode>

I'm currently caught in a bit of a quandary.

I want to get the Mugen battery (& cover), but I also want to get this SD adapter. If I buy now, I end up with 2 covers I won't use, or 3 if a Mugen replacement materializes.

If I don't buy now, I may not even get the SD adapter, much less the replacement Mugen cover ....

Ken

<lurk mode>

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
Well, I am heading out next week travelling for work... i got the mugen battery cause i spend a LOT of time on planes and in airports and the stock battery only gave me 4 hours or so of watching recorded tv or movies.. This will be my first trip with the mugen battery, so i will lwt you know what I think of the purchase.. if i don't see much gain, im going back to the normal battery..

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Florida
Knowing if the Mugen battery lives up to its claims would make the decision easier, so, yes, please let me (us) know how it goes!

Though, I'm quickly convincing myself that a few extra covers is a small price to pay for the N810 to become my "main machine". OK, I exaggerate, it won't replace my quad-core server ... but I am likely to spend more time with it than the server!

Ken

P.S. Besides, spending that money will motivate me to find the time to set up full-blown Debian!

Hi cravest1
is the adapter with cover ready yet for order
Pee

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
craves1, the Mugen battery kit seems to be unavailable at the moment, so you're going to have to prod your cover supplier to get those custom covers made!

Tags
16gb on n810, 32g n810, memory upgards for n810, memory upgrade n810