Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
That's a good question - I don't have enough linux knowledge in that area but I know that some processes can "sleep" at certain times, so if the "hildon-status-menu" process sleeps during screen-off, it doesn't flash.
Something like http://slexy.org/view/s2QqdkIbi6 will let you know when the display state changes; use that to stop any timeouts

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Congrats mate!!
I wish you all the luck to make this hard-rock stable as soon as possible.

This is an ultra-basic functionality that sadly Maemo 5 lacks...

The Following User Says Thank You to nMIK-3 For This Useful Post:
was on msn and the text icon kept flashing 5+ after each msg revieved even if i had the msn chat window open. started to bug me lol

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Tricase, Lecce (ITA)
why you don't introduce the notify in lock screen?

(i'm italian and I don't speak english well )

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
Really nice app.Thanks for this.

The Following User Says Thank You to plaban For This Useful Post:
I think would be very useful if you could put sound notification in this app too.

The sound and interval could be modified like in this application for S60, http://www.mobifunsoft.com/remindme

Very often I cant hear if someone calls me or sends me a message so this would really help to notice if someone tried to contact you.

This is one app I`ve been missing from symbian.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hannu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
@qwerty12: I've added the listener, and now turns notification off when the screen goes off. Thank you!!

@Ronaldo: I'm very sorry for your inconvenience... I've refined the way I'm detecting a message, and now notification will only be shown for a text message. Please help me verify that Thank you

@Shady91': Hi, Please see this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ht=missed+call
Apperantly, it's in progress. I'll wait to see how it goes and I don't see any technical problem to combine the two packages.

@Hannu: This is definitely something that will require GUI, which currently the app doesn't have. But when I'll work on the GUI i'll add this feature too.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
sweet app, this was a missing feature !! THANKS

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
NICE1 - Works well

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Great idea and works pretty well. The phone notifications work perfectly, when I open the phone app the notifications stop as expected. However SMS notifications do not stop for me. I just got a new SMS notification so I get the flashing envelope alternating with the letter S. I then open up the conversations application, open the SMS and reply to it and the notification continues to flash. If I go to the taskbar I do not see any SMS notification window which needs to be dismissed but the notification continues...

Is there any way to configure the notifications?