Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
Here is how I interact between Python and QML in FeedingIt.
Can I ask, how exactly did you go about coding and testing the app.?

AFAIK, there is no SDK which supports Python, and so using the N9 simulator is not an option. The only option I see is SSH'ing to the device and coding away without the use of an IDE, and running the code nativley on it, which seems a bit cumbersome.

Is this the method you used?

Last edited by jd4200; 2012-06-27 at 00:12. Reason: Spelling

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Have a look at the Harmattan organisation on github - https://github.com/harmattan . There are a few python/qml apps there.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post:
Pyside already supports QtSimulator. Get Pyside sources from github and build them against SDK simulator libs. After that, create a virtualenv environment an install Pyside modules.on it. This approach works for me

The Following User Says Thank You to inean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
Can I ask, how exactly did you go about coding and testing the app.?
I installed pyside and a version of the Qt Components (see this blog ) on my computer (running Ubuntu, not sure about other platforms), so I could test directly on the desktop (it doesn't look quite the same, but testing the interaction between QML and python was easy enough this way).

Later, I moved the project into the Qt SDK (mainly to create the part that uses the synchronization framework which needs to be in C++), and added a few lines in the .proj file to deploy the python files. So I let the Qt SDK create the package and deploy to the device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Check out Mieru, modRana & RePho in my Github repository. They are all written in Python and use QML.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
In case you would like to have some examples, I wrote several apps in Python+QML for the N9.
See http://www.ruinelli.ch/harmattan or http://store.ovi.com/publisher/George%20Ruinelli for a list.
For some of them I also already provided the source on my website or the OBS build server.

As for the testing, I either start them directly on my device (copy down through SSH and start in SSH shell), or since I work under Linux, I just can start the directly on my PC.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post: